At about 7am, I eat the rest of my breakfast with the family. Usually, some sort of cereal mush and fruit. I wonder when I can start eating eggs, bagels and waffles - those look good.
I'm a hungry monkey. I really want to feed myself all the time, but it is hard work!
I cannot get enough food in my mouth when I feed myself so I still need jar food to supplement.
Oops - it is super messy all the way down to my toes! It's so fun to make messes!!
After breakfast, I eat again at 11am, 3pm and 6pm. I love avocado, raspberries, blackberries, quinoa (don't ask....), chicken, lamb, carrots, squash, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, yogurt. I'm undecided about cottage cheese (is it supposed to be chunky??? that seems odd to me....) and hard to chew items like steak and pork, as I don't have any teeth yet and probably won't for a while still. Unfortunately, there are a couple of things that make my tummy hurt and my bottom raw (worst diaper rash EVER, twice this month - waaaaaaaaaa!), it's either strawberries, blueberries, or spaghetti sauce - we're not sure the culprit.
Like my avocado face?? Wanna snuggle? :)
This whole 9th month, my 2nd nap was
getting shorter and shorter (much to Mommy's dismay), it turns out I was starving and so we've added
an 8 oz. bottle at 1pm before my 2nd nap. I down that sucker and nighty night for a nice 2 hour snooze.
This week, the week of Jan 9th, my baby sign language started to really kick in. I've been doing the hi/bye wave for at least a week or two already but now I'm really kicking it into high gear. Here I am, waving "all done".
I also like to tell you that I'm "#1".
And here I am, asking for "more".
I love my Daddy. When he comes home I crawl as fast as my legs will carry me to get to him. When he leaves the room, I cry.
And I'm still rocking the big blue eyes and dimples.
I've been playing a lot more with my Sister lately. She talks to me about what she is doing and I think I like the stuff that she likes, like puzzles and trains.
She is getting a lot more aggressive with me lately and she'll literally move me if I get in her way. She does it pretty well but Mommy isn't a big fan of her manhandling me out of the way. Let's just say that "sharing" isn't something she is super excited to do with me yet.
She's a great big sister though, she keeps me company when I eat, she let's me play with her toys (as long as she doesn't want to play with them), she even feeds me when I'm hungry sometimes.
I'm pretty mobile now, except for my two 2 hour naps from 9-11am and from 1-3pm, I'm up for getting out of the house. I don't cry in the car much anymore and I'm pretty chill in the stroller. You can even feed me on the go with ease.
I'm pretty stylish - lots of cute clothes. Mommy, Daddy and Jasmin dress me quite handsomely.
I still LOVE standing. Don't put me in those jumper/walker things or I'll give you a piece of my mind but let me stand outside of them and I'm in heaven.
But just plain old standing is such old news....now I like to cruise along things by holding on and walking and I love to dare-devil stand like on my walker pictured here. This week I even took some steps behind the walker as it moved away from me. Yeah baby!
Crawling is still the fastest way for me to get around. I like exploring the house, playing crawl-chase and following after my toys that move. This week I was even allowed to crawl outside and get my first taste of dirt. It was awesome.
I love KK's kitchen and spend a lot of time standing at it, turning the knobs and opening and shutting the doors. I've also discovered over the last couple weeks that I can remove the sink and get to my sister's incredible secret stash of stuff that she keeps piling into one of the oven areas. Score!
My other new favorite past time is the kleenex box. This thing has got to be a magic trick because the pieces of tissue just keep coming and coming and coming as you pull them out.
I like pulling out a lot of pieces, shredding a few and eating at least one piece of tissue each time I play with the box. This is just hours of fun - ok, ok, nothing is hours of fun at my age, but it is at least two whole minutes of fun! Who knew!
We finish off the day with dinner, bath or shower time, bottle and book with sister. I'm beat and snooze right away - as long as I have my paci and lovey that is!
Well, that's a little snapshot of me, I better get back to my kleenex snack. Later!








No comments:
Post a Comment