Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's (Not) Exactly Brain Surgery....

KK:  On September 11th, Nana had brain surgery to put a titanium clip on a brain aneurism.  Not sure what any of that means, but I know that it means that Mommy is gone for a week to take care of her and that Nana will be in the hospital the whole time - from that information I gather this is quite serious.   And since Mommy seems to have spent most of her nights at the hospital getting less sleep than when I was a newborn, I'm guessing this is a hard recovery process.   Nana had 40 stitches - I'm barely counting to 30 these days so 40 just "blew my mind!, as I like to say.  I won't tell Dylan how big that number is, I don't want to scare him.  

Now, I've heard the expression before "It's not like it's brain surgery...." but what do you say when it IS brain surgery???   Pretty deep stuff if you ask me....

Thankfully, the surgery was a big success and while the recovery week was very, very hard, the clip worked just as it should, with no major negative side effects.  Yippie skippie!!!!

 We miss Mommy and Nana so we sent them a card over the phone.  Are we precious or what?  Just what the Doctor ordered I bet....
After that, as much of a bummer as it was, Mommy had to stay in Colorado even longer for a pre-arranged work trip.   At least it is super beautiful there on Mommy's campus in Colorado, with streams and volleyball courts and bunnies.   I'm glad she's someplace nice since she can't be in the best place - with us....

No comments:

Post a Comment