Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Palm Springs Mini-Vaca

KK:  The weekend of September 8th we headed to Palm Springs for a little R&R, it's tough work being a baby and toddler after all....
 We were greeted by this cool dude.  He watched over our car while we were in the villa, kinda like a bouncer at a club I think.  He's a Praying/Preying Mantis for those of you who weren't sure.  I wouldn't mess with anyone whose name either means that he a.) talks to God or b.) might eat you.   I'm glad he seemed to like us.  We rolled into town early evening, checked into our palatial Villa and headed out to an awesome pizza joint.  Yummy in the tummy!  And we discovered that Dylan loves Calamari, I won't tell him what it is until he's older and that will really freak him out. :)
We slept well and were greeted with a gorgeous sunrise over the surrounding mountains.  It really is pretty here.   Technically, before were were greeted with the sunrise we were greeted by Dylan discovering that Jasmin and Jenny were in his room and him yelling to get out of bed at "o dark 30" (whatever that means I have no idea but it makes it sound officially early and, it was....).
We headed out for bagels (our favorite! especially the cream cheese part) and brought breakfast home to eat on our deck.  The geese appreciated our messiness. 
 I had Mommy's watch and was anxiously waiting until it was time to wake up Jasmin and Jenny, I love being the alarm clock!  Although am not sure the feeling is mutual.  Mommy & Daddy said to let them sleep in because this is their vacation too but I say - the early bird catches the most fun!
Sadly, Dylan is doing his "where is it?" hands because he's wondering were his buddy Gavin is.   We're super bummed because this was supposed to be a trip with Uncle Ryan, Auntie Cole and Baby G but Gavin was super sick and could not make the trip.  Boo. We miss them.
 It is HOT here in Palm Springs.   Like 108 degrees hot.   Like face of the sun hot.   And from my Fresno experience, there is no better way to beat the heat then the pool!   And they had the sweetest pools!!!!  (check out my sweet new goggles that Papa got me!)
 Mommy & Daddy found another great way to beat the heat - the "Summer Hummer" drink - something having to do with Pina Colada and a Rum Floater.  Is that like a floatie that you wear in the pool???  Not sure....
 And since I've divulging all of my heat secrets - another great way to beat the heat - popsicles!!  Yeah baby!   Dylan is still figuring out how to hold it and eat it before it melts in a big puddle but as his Big Sister, I took my obligation to help very seriously and helped him eat it before it melted too much :) 
Here we are at the Palm Springs Zoo.  We made the fatal mistake of only bringing the single stroller and this place is HUGE.   Mommy and Daddy traded off carrying one of us at a time.   In 100 degree weather, this is a true act of devotion.  Giddy up Daddy!  
It looks hot out there...
Giddy up-o Boar-o!  If only I'd seen Lion King before this trip, I really would have loved riding the Hakuna-mata guy!!! 
Trying to make this guy look pretty is no easy feat...


D:   Palm Springs is hot on my feet and sweet in the pool. 
 I wonder if I could surf this thing???
 Get out of town!!!  This baby pool rocks.   I can run from this water park of sprays right into the foot deep pool.   This place ROCKS!

 Wrapping up after a long day riding the wild surf.   Pizza for lunch and I'm gonna be zonked for nap!
 Ahoy maties!   We went over to the JW Marriott next door, checked out some cool birds (I mean that literally, some really fancy birds on display) and then jumped in the boat for a tour.
 I'm so chilled out on the water and KK is looking smashing.
  Mommy and Daddy headed out for date night after we went to bed and I think we all had a great first day!  

 On Day 2 we were up early again and out of the house to keep things quiet for Jasmin and Jenny.   Low and behold there is an awesome zoo in Palm Springs, who knew?!?   It specializes in desert plants and wildlife. 
 Mom....don't make ANY sudden movements....
 No way Jose.....
 Oh no, I feel like he's sizing me up.....face to face with a mountain lion is a scary spot to be in, especially when your mouth is smaller than his....
 Oh wait....nice kitty!   I'd pet you if I could!  It looks like you want me to scratch your tummy or am I reading the signs wrong and you want me IN your tummy.   Hard to tell but I think you want to come home with me....

 I'm not giving a full smile like Mommy for two reasons - a.) I'm the one placed on a funny looking animal and b.) it is hot metal...but I do appreciate the photo opp and will humor you just enough...


 The best way to cool off from the zoo - pool time baby!   Surf's up!   Just another hour and we're outta here so we better live it up.    

What a fun short weekend away!!




No comments:

Post a Comment