Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weekend of Aug 28th

Wow - can you believe it??? I am pretty much caught up on blog posts. It is a miracle and I'm sure that as we are out of town next weekend that I'll fall behind yet again but let's just take a moment to savor this.....ahhhhhhhhhh.

So, last weekend was a great weekend around home except for the fact that I ended up catching a little cold. Now my nose is all boogied and I had a little fever, which blows. It didn't affect my energy levels though so we still were out and about. On Saturday our big outing was to the "OC Foodie Fest". It was a whole gathering of local gourmet food trucks - about 50 of them. Now I've heard of a "Roach Coach" and it doesn't sound appealing at all, so I wasn't sure why Mom was so excited to go to a roach coach rendezvous.
It was in Anaheim near the Honda Center and it was pretty hot that day. Definitely not the kind of weather you want to be stuck in a stroller waiting in line for food to be served out of a truck....
Here I am scoping out my options - fois gras, homemade fig and marscapone ice cream, kimchee dumplings, lamb tacos, vietnamese-mex-med-fusion, so many choices and I haven't a clue what most of them are....correction, I haven't a clue what ANY of them are!
Well, besides the heat and the looooong waiting in lines (45 minutes for one item - you've got to be kidding me??????) the food turned out to be much more tasty than I anticipated considering the kitchen on wheels scenario. Here I am snacking on a Kobe Beef Slider wrapped in Applewood Bacon on a fresh Brioche bun with a basil Aioli. Truck food GOOD.
Then our big outing on Sunday was a wonderful hike above Crystal Cove - we took a harder but much more rewarding trail this time - amazing views of the ocean stretching out below us for miles. I had a great time along for the ride while Daddy did all of the work. A girl could get used to this kind of service. Go Sherpa, go!
The only low of the weekend (before the cold kicked in) was when we went to church and I had a melt down in child care so Mommy & Daddy got buzzed to come get me out. I was tired and cranky and they left me there all alone, I just couldn't handle it this time even though last time I loved it. Oh well, better luck next time. The only thing I really don't like about playgroup at church is that they literally put a sticker on you telling the whole world if you have had a dirty diaper - I mean SERIOUSLY, do we have to share my bodily functions with the whole church??? How embarrassing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment