Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Weekend October 9-10

Time flies when you're this short. I'm behind on posts again so here we go...

The weekend after traveling to Fresno for Gaga's 60th Bday we headed out on travels yet again. This time for a weekend retreat with our Lifegroup from Rock Harbor Church. It was a great, relaxing weekend near a town called Idylwild, close to Palm Springs but waaaaaay up in the hills, at over 6000 feet. Lani, Josh, Bob, Judie, Erinn, Lana, Gregg, Marie and the babies were all there and we had plenty of room for everyone. Here we are heading out on a hike, you can see our massive "cabin" in the background.
I like hiking, I get to see lots of stuff and Dada does all the work. Now if only I could figure out how to actually drink out of this camelpack we'd be in business. I chew on it and nothing happens.
I brought a few toys of my own to pass the time.
And Babies Aleena (pictured here with her super cute spiky blonde locks) and Kaily shared their toys too so it was really fun.
I got to spend some good quality time with our friends, which was nice because I'm usually asleep by the time everyone gets here for Lifegroup on Wednesdays. Here I am on the jumbo beanbag with Daddy and Josh as they read me books. I was livin' the high life for sure!
Hangin' with my girl Lana, nice to have her back from Seattle for the weekend!
It was really cold when we got there so Mommy let me wear her soft jacket. It was a little big but I loved it!
How cute are our girls?? Kaily on the left and Aleena on the right.
Everyone chipped in for meals and I'd give them all two thumbs up.
The whole gang enjoying dinner together.
And they surprised Judie for her birthday, it was really fun.
The next morning was delightful. Mom and I headed out in the yard for a walk. It almost looks like we match!
We had fun watching all the bushy gray squirrels run around.
And Dada and I looked at the big pine cones together (and got sap all over our clothes - oops!). "Mess" as I'd say.
Check out the view from the huge windows throughout the house. What a great way to get away and enjoy our blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment