Monday, August 13, 2012

Bonjour Butterfly!

KK:  I have a Fancy Nancy book that I love where she speaks French to butterflies, "Bonjour Butterfly!", she loves Azure butterflies and she gets to go to a Butterfly Pavilion.   So I was super excited when on Friday in Colorado we got to go to my very first, very own Butterfly Pavilion!




Here we are - two beautiful butterflies!
 They had an awesome insect area to start - lots of amazing creepy crawlers and a very cool bee display where they had a tunnel of bees going in and out to the outside from a hive.   They even had a real Tarantula for us to touch.   Check me out - I'm letting Rosie the Tarantula crawl down my arm to her handler!!!!!    Can you say "brave"!?!   This exchange went something like this....."No way am I touching that spider.  I want a sticker though"....you can only get a sticker if you hold Rosie...."OK!"   Apparently, stickers are way more important than fear or personal safety - FYI.
Showing off my "I touched Rosie!" sticker.  Totally worth it.   

 Then we headed into the warm, moist Butterfly Pavilion.   It was impressive.  Butterflies everywhere - something like 20,000.    I even got to see an Azure butterfly just like Fancy Nancy loves!  I couldn't get a good picture of it though - bummer.
Bonjour Butterfly!!!
So many kinds and colors - who knew?!?
Fun times with Nana and Uncle Craig!
  After the Pavilion we headed to Tocabe, a restaurant from one of Mommy & Daddy's favorite shows "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives".   I was a little embarrassed to watch Mommy eat like a cave man (as you can see here) and eat everything in sight.   But the place was awesome. 
I was a big fan of the fry bread, shredded bison and the deserts.   Yummy in the tummy!!!

After naps that day, Mommy, Nana and I headed back into town to do a little shopping.  We got stuck in one of the crazy afternoon storms here.  It literally went from 100 degrees to POURING rain.   It rained so hard and so fast that within minutes of arriving at the store, we had to get out into a flood of water.  Nana carried me through at least a foot of water into the building in Mommy's failed attempt to get us close enough to avoid the torrent.   We were at Toys R'Us so it was, in my opinion, the most perfect place to wait out the storm.  I spent most of the time at the car lot trying to haggle the price down on either a Mini Cooper or this Escalade - I think this one suits me, don't you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment