Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rocky Mountain Hi-de-ho!

KK:  On Wednesday, July 4th, Mommy and I headed to Colorado on a big airplane to see Nana.  It was our first girl's trip, probably the first of many.   It was a BLAST!   I'm such a good plane traveler now - I've got my headphones and snacks and iPad and am ready to roll.  I should get a "please don't disturb" sign because I'm that easy to sit next to.

Happy 4th of July!   It's hot here (upper 90s!) but beautiful on the deck by the waterfall.
We had a perfect 4th of July BBQ with all the fixin's.
Cheers to my girls!
Love you, Nana.
And the best part - popsicles!!!
I'm inspecting this one from all angles because there is some white filling in the middle.  Could it be??  Ice cream?!?!  Yeah baby!
On Thursday we headed just about 15 minutes away to Tiny Town.   Apparently, this used to be a Stage Coach stop back in 1915 and a guy built this little village for his daughter so she could be entertained.   What a nice Daddy. 
Having so much fun with Uncle Craig!
This place is really neat - look at this cool building, I can even go inside!
Mom's favorite, the windmill.   We are part Dutch after all (whatever that means.....).
Cute little stage coach.
Hanging at the newspaper.   Many of these adorable houses are decorated in the inside too!
I'm not ready to move into the boarding house yet though.
Lookin' tough by the Harley store.  Fun!

These pink ones are cute!
Here we are, elevation 6,812 ft above sea level. 
And always a highlight - the choo, choo train!  All aboard!
I got to ride in the kids-only caboose.   We had a blast.
Uncle Craig and Mommy rode up in the big kid seats.
It's so beautiful here by Nana's house - it looks like we are on a real choo, choo zipping through the mountains, doesn't it?
This sign says we're 1082 miles to San Diego, almost to our home!
Now I've heard of Miniature Horses but this is really something...
My first tee-pee sighting.
Over the creek we go. 

Past the famous Hot Dog stand.  That's cool.

We liked the little red school house.


And a few more of our favorites....what a fun adventure!!!

After Tiny Town we headed out for lunch.  We were excited to be here!
Lunch at a little country cafe by the river in Morrison.
I love jelly and I discovered here that they come in little packets that are sitting right on your table to enjoy.  I practically licked this one clean. 
After lunch we headed to the Morrison Dinosaur Museum.  We'd never been there before so we weren't sure it would be family-friendly but it was super friendly for me!  Well, except for the mean looking Dinosaurs I guess....
WOWSA - here I am with a real T-Rex skull.  Yikes.
We got Nana to pucker up for this guy - she's a good sport!
Their legs are so much bigger than Uncle Craig - can you imagine how tall those Dinosaurs were?!?!
I'm having fun looking at the footprints and doing "small, medium, big" but there are five footprints and so I'm confused about how to handle the ones on either side of medium.  It's fun here!
I'm bringing home my baby Stegosaurus, won't my Mommy be so proud of me. :)   I loved petting the Baby Stego.   Can you believe that they start out this small?  Dinosaurs are the fastest growing animals that have ever lived I learned.   He'll grow from this to the size of a bus very fast.  WOW.  Stegosaurus is Mommy's favorite.
And Daddy's favorite, the Triceratops.
Act very subtle and don't look behind me...I think something is watching me.   Check out those Wooly Mammoth tusks.   I can't believe those are real. 
And like in Ice Age, a Mammoth needs a Sabre Tooth Tiger nearby.   Grrrrrrrrrr......
They had a whole kids barn where I dug for fossils and painted one.   This is cool.
What a fun first couple days in Colorado!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment