In our household, the early bird catches the worm. This means that a 5:30-6:30am wake-up call is pretty common these days from either or both Dylan and me. Especially when we are all staying in the same room. It's simply torture for me to slightly wake up and be able to see my parents lying there sleeping and not yell out "I'm AWAKE!", just so they know and can start playing games with me if they want. Since Uncle Drewsy and Auntie Shell are not exactly know for their early-morningness this means that Mommy and Daddy muffle my brother and me and immediately usher us out of the house. This means that we get to cover a lot of ground before breakfast. Including the nearby Haight Ashbury where we checked out this cool "evolution rainbow" mural.
We were cozy in many layers because summer here is COLD. Not cool, flat out cold. First stop each morning was a desperate search for coffee for my parents and muffins for me and D.
I learned about "Victorian" architecture here, although I still can't say the word very well. It was all around us and we'd often stop to admire the colors and details. Check out just the one street behind us!
Here we are at the corner of Haight and Ashbury, supposedly a famous spot for something that happened a long time ago. I refer to all past activities as "yesterday", so apparently there was a lot of music and such here, yesterday, in the 60s.
I held Dylan's hand around the streets so that he felt comfy. It was sweet.
The streets here are STEEP sometimes, so I hold my hands up over my head and enjoy the ride. Wheeeeeeeee!
On Saturday we had the best day. We rode the Muni train near the Ferry Building and went to the famous Farmer's Market. Uncle Drewsy bought me a balloon animal from the street vendor and it was the best.
Dylan was having a blast too. Even though it was his name time he was ready to roll.
There is the Ferry Building in the back. D loves being on Daddy's shoulders above the crowds.
I loved getting a birds-eye view too!
Are we cute or what? Best seats in the house.
Love my Drewsy!
Flying with Daddy is fun.
Waiting in line at the yummy Empanada place was even fun!
After the Ferry Building we waited for the street car in the background. They teased us by waiting there for a looooong time before letting us on. But it was worth the wait.
Me and Auntie Shell on the Trolley - wind in our hair, seeing the sights was fun!
We had a long walk back and while Dylan walked with Mommy, I snuggled in close with my Uncle Drewsy and fell fast asleep. For a girl who doesn't generally cuddle - this was pure love.
We met up with Daddy at the train (he couldn't do the trolley with the stroller) and headed back. The train itself is fun - we even go under the ground in a big tunnel!
Careful D, don't slide down too far!
Dylan wanted to sit by himself too like a big boy.
That afternoon we had a special treat at this awesome Ice Cream place by their house. That whole cone of chocolate ice cream was all MINE!
We are so hip, we didn't even know it, this place was written up the very next issue of Bon Appetite. Yeah Baby!
Delish!!!!!!!!
D: I'll take it from here.....we're practicing taking turns so the blog is just as good a place as any to put it into action. First off, I loved the plane ride (so many people to visit) and I love their place in San Fran (such steep stairs to practice climbing!) and I'm loving the new sights and sounds.
I was in on the ice cream adventure too and got to taste KK's chocolate and Daddy's blueberry. They were amazing. And I was on sugar fire for a while.
That afternoon we headed to the Golden Gate Park. It was a scary place, with massive reptiles.
But they were friendly....
And even the massive crabs were nice too....I didn't get any pictures of the playground area beyond this but let me tell you - it was amazing. Several playgrounds were there - for all different ages and interests. Lots of swings a small water area, a huge slide down a mountain, you name it! And only walking distance from their place. We had a ball.
Ok, I think you really need to sit down for this next section because it is going to BLOW YOUR MIND. On Saturday morning we went to the Aquarium down by Pier 39. I love fish and this was my first aquarium. It was truly unbelievable. I'm mean literally, I didn't believe it.
This picture isn't blurry, I'm moving so fast that it's simply impossible to focus on me. I'm running with the fish because I simply cannot believe my eyes and I'm running from fish tank to fish tank because there are simply too many things to take in at once. Uncle Drewsy feared that my brain might rupture and this might be it for me because I was truly in sensory overload.
OMG! Look at all of these fish, all in one place?!?!?
Auntie Shell, DO YOU SEE THIS?!?!?!? Is this for REAL!?!?!?!
WOW.
Face to face with the eels. Ewwwww.
And the jellies. This is truly out of this world.
KK liked it too, although she seemed a bit less impressed than I was.
It got even more amazing because then we entered huge tunnels where the fish were literally ALL around us. By now I was almost numb because of the sheer magnitude of this experience. I'm so glad I got to share this with Uncle Drewsy and Auntie Shell - they have Harvard degrees and so if anyone is qualified enough to share this immense experience with me, it is them.
Dude, that is a SHARK swimming over my sister. This is big time koo koo krazy.
And then, as though they knew me, they let me play in the water and touch stuff.
![]() |
| This calls for the yeah baby, yeah baby, yeah! dance. WOWSA! |
Oh yes, and for what it's worth, my parents had a blast too! Apparently my Auntie and Uncle are majorly good cooks. Thomas Keller fried chicken (done in the sous vide method - sounds super fancy), homemade Thai food, lemon meringue pie and special cookies just for us. This is one amazing B&B. I'm ready to book our next trip already!



















No comments:
Post a Comment