Saturday, August 15, 2009

16 weeks old...Aug 3-9

I really hit my stride this week. On Monday I rolled over for the first time and by Tuesday I could barely stay put without busting out a roll. I can roll to the right AND I can roll to the left. Let me see ya tootsie-roll...

Once I get over I'm all smiles and pretty proud of myself. But then I start wondering what to do next.

Eventually I figure out that I've just entered the dreaded "Tummy Time" on my own and I'm stuck like a turtle on its back, except on my front. Unfortunately, despite all these mad rolling skills, I cannot roll the other way yet and so I eventually need to call for backup. I'm so excited about rolling over that I do it at night now too, just to practice to make sure I can do it in the dark. Mom & Dad don't seem as excited as I do when I practice my new skills at night because they need to wake up and roll me back over. They are such a buzz kill.

On Saturday we took a drive to Fresno to visit Papa & Grammy, Papa is in the middle of a trial so he needed a little Q.T. with his G.B. for some T.L.C. (Quality Time with his Grand Baby for some Tender Loving Care). Unfortunately, this means I was back in that stupid car seat. I was peaches & cream all the way until Mom & Dad had the nerve to stop at some boutique cheese place. This meant I was in that seat for at least 15 extra minutes and so I cried the remaining 30 minutes of the car ride just to let them know I was ticked. Mom & Dad, next time I'll 5-point attach you to a hot little puffy chair while I go taste milk and you can let me know how you like it.

Thank goodness Grammy rushed out to the car to save me from that seat once we got home. Thanks Grammy!

We survived the ride and it was quickly forgotten because I got to go in the waterfall with Papa again.

I think I might like it but I'm still pretty skeptical...

We enjoyed the warm weather outside with time in the pool.

And romping amongst the pretty flowers in the yard.


The pool was a little cold so I was lucky to get warm bath time with Papa and snuggle with Grammy in my towel.

The next day I got to hang with my GG (great grandma). She fed me extra bottles to keep up with this wild growth spurt I've got goin' on and I loved her for it. Everyone was pretty amazed because I can hold the bottle myself, not sure where I picked that up because I don't have bottles very often but they like it so I'm happy.

Papa and I matched that day which I thought was super cool.

We had cocktail hour in the backyard at night and I really dug it, it is nice and warm and you get to listen to the waterfall.

The wine bottle was near me and I thought this was my chance! Sadly, they didn't let me join in the fun. Boo.

This weekend was especially great because Grammy discovered that I'm ticklish on my feet and just love to have them played with. Check me out, you can practically hear me giggle. He he he. :-)

1 comment:

  1. These photos are fantastic! I wish we had known you were in Fresno we were there the same time! Alas. Kaitlyn is just too cute these days....

    ReplyDelete