KK: We returned home from Fresno and headed straight to Inspiration Point for our Sunday Family picnic with our friends (who are as close as family to us down here).

I got Dylan ready for the picnic myself.

I think he looks smashing in my pink glasses and will have good protection from harmful UV rays.

We loaded up the van and the wagon and headed out. D didn't want to wear the sunglasses so I sported them instead. Giddy up!

Since Baby D wouldn't keep my glasses on I zipped him up in his UV tent. I love zipping things so I spent a lot of time zipping and unzipping him. It kept us both entertained so that's a good thing.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling good after my trip to Fresno - my ear REALLY hurt. Mommy took me to the Doctor as soon as she could get us in and it was the first doctor visit where I was not sweet as pie. I screamed, kicked, hit, you name it - I tried everything in the book so that the doctor wouldn't touch me or my ear. She told me I had beautiful butterflies in my ear that she wanted to look at - I told her in no uncertain terms to go get her own stinking butterflies to look at...Turns out I have a swimmer's ear infection. Boo.

This is Mommy's last week of maternity leave and she keeps preparing me for the changes coming next week. I'm not sure what it all means to be honest but I do know that it means Mommy and I spent every possible moment together this week and I loved it. All week we've been getting ready for our "big venture" (big adventure) to Legoland and on Thursday we went. It was awesome. Check out the huge dinosaur behind me - he's made out of over 400,000 Legos. I've never even heard that number before in my whole life - amazing!!

That giraffe is so life-like, are you sure he's not going to lick me with his long purple tongue like at the zoo??

I got to drive the zebra car in the Safari ride, I took this job verrrry seriously. We saw lots of wild animals.

Then we headed to Duplo village and I got my motor runnin' on this green "mo bike".

Looks like I broke the speed limit on my bike because I ended up in Lego Jail.

Ready for lift-off. We headed next for the Helicopter ride - we got to control the copter ourselves - Mommy is a bit more of a dare-devil than I am we learned. I wish I could have reached the controls so we didn't have to go up so high!

Wheeeeeeee! Hands in the air as we flew round and round in our airplane. Now who's the dare-devil!?!

Not sure you can tell from the picture but this is right after we went on a Pirate boat ride. We got SOAKED. Mommy thought it would be like the Log Ride where you get a little wet but she was totally wrong. The fact that people were changing into their swimsuits before the ride should have been our first clue, don't you think???? I was not thrilled...

After getting soaked we tried to warm up and dry off in the sun while we ate our PB&Js. Hello Dahling!

We made a bit of a bad call after lunch, we decided to ride this crazy boat that spun us up and down and around and round. This is me yelling to get off. Both of us didn't feel very good afterward - mental note, don't ride this at all, or ride it BEFORE you eat lunch!

Meeting the local fireman.

Bob the builder and KK (or "Build Bob" as I like to call him).

Then we went to Miniland. Mommy was WAY more into this than I was. Here I am in front of the major Washington D.C. monuments - all made out of Legos.

Sitting on the Las Vegas Lego Strip.

The Lego farm was the coolest because I pushed these buttons and it made the animals move and make noises - cool!

Lastly, we did a boat tour of Legoland. Here we are passing by the Sydney Opera House.

Asleep before we even left the parking lot - I'd say that's the sign of a great day!!! Thanks Mom for the Big Venture together!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment