Monday, August 1, 2011

Week of July 18th - Fresno Bound

KK: On Sunday, July 17th, Mom braved the long car-ride to Fresno with two kids by herself and off we went. Since I was feeling sorry for her, I counteracted Dylan's hour and a half of crying with my best behavior. I think I earned some brownie points by quietly playing in the backseat the whole drive - score!

I was rewarded with lots of time in the pool - love it! And I did another week of lessons with Ann Bu-candy (which means I got five more lollipops!!! and have discovered that "cherry red" is the only way to go). Baby D is still not a fan but he's slowly warming up to it, I think it is helping him to see me so happy in the pool.
And I got lots of time with Grammy - yeah!
Thankfully I got more time with Papa this trip too because he wasn't in the middle of a trial at work. Lots of time swimming with him and reading books. In fact, all day long I'd look forward to Papa coming home so we could go swimming. As soon as he walked in the door I'd say, "KK swim little pool Papa?". And when he said "yes!", my whole body would levitate with joy. It was quite a sight. Fresno is fun because rules are pretty much out the door. I had pudding all hours of the day (a bite from Papa at breakfast - sure, why not?!?!), ate pie dough and a popsicle one day for snack (yes, raw pie dough...), was "nake baby" most of the day, swam instead of taking baths and was able to eat pretty much anywhere - including on the floor or standing up. It was hilarious because one day, when I was standing on a chair in the kitchen eating my snack, Papa said to Grammy that he was pretty sure they were "going to get in t-r-o-u-b-l-e". I think he forgot that my Mom can spell because she was right in the other room! My Mommy is sweet and rolls with it because she wants me to have happy memories here but I'm pretty sure the dental work for my first cavity will be charged to Grammy & Papa. As you can see, Baby D was jealous of my sweet treats...
We had a playdate with the cousins again this trip and it was awesome. I cried when they left, "cousins no go home". It was sweet. They introduced me to something called an inner-tube - it was amazingly fun. My love of the tube made it very traumatic to share, even with Maddi, the tube's rightful owner. Bummer.
It was great seeing everyone - I think that baby Ethan and Dylan will be friends someday too! Especially since Ethan was rocking his USC outfit - fight on!
Sass-a-frass....
Mommy and Daddy might be buying a house and so we spent a lot of time looking at landscaping this trip. I found this exceptionally boring but loved our trip out to the Park's house to see their beautiful home because it was the best, most beautiful yard to run around in. "set - go!"
Another highlight of this trip was that Mrs. Park showed me her chickens. I got to pet them and feed them. I was shocked at how amazingly soft they are. I almost got to see one lay an egg but we thought it better to give her a little privacy. We were able to take some beautiful brown and green eggs home to eat though! So, one morning we made Green Eggs & Ham with the green eggs from Mrs. Park. The added green coloring I wasn't so sure about...
Thankfully, they tasted like normal eggs and I was also distracted by Grammy who read us the actual book of "Green Eggs & Ham" while we dined. Breakfast and a show - nice.
It was AMAZING because unbeknownst to me, Grammy or Papa, Daddy and Uncle Matthew had planned a big surprise and they all came into town for the weekend. If only we had Drewsy and Shell we'd be complete! We had the best time and feasted on Uncle Matthew's garden bounty - yummmmm.
I helped Grammy in the kitchen a lot over the week and Lou got in on the action once he arrived. He's quite the cake aficionado apparently...
"choc cup cake" time!
I took my job very seriously. Lou took the tasting portion very seriously as well.
You see, Lou and I have slightly different personalities. He is a bit of a dare-devil and I'm a bit more of a rule follower. And I'm not afraid of physically restraining him when he's about to break a rule. Lala told me that this will be my role for the rest of my life to be Logan's guardian angel. Don't worry Lou, KK got your back.
What a treat to have all the babies together.
Are we a cute bunch or what?!?!?Another fun time with our Woods family. Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment