Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lake Arrowhead

KK: As I mentioned last post, the first weekend of August was big enough to warrant 2 posts...after we left Uncle Marv & Aunt Leigh's house (sadly, leaving Mindy and Rax too), we headed to the mountains close to Orange County to a place called Lake Arrowhead. We were invited to join our Macer cousin's on their summer adventure up here - it was Mommy and my first time to Lake Arrowhead. 
I spent the first part of the trip taking in the beautiful sights - the big trees like they have in Colorado and the gorgeous lake.

They had other little people here for me to play with too - Fiji dog and a little girl named Kaily. 
I think I could get used to this...here I am, lounging on the bed in my room and staring out at the lake.  Quite the view to wake up to! 
This is like having a beach house in the mountains - way cool!
Even though Kaily is younger than me and her toys are for smaller kids, I still love playing with other people's toys!!!

Heading down for my first "'venture" to the lake!

Look Mommy, lake water!!

Daddy squealed like a little girl in the cold lake water but I bit my bottom lip and dove right in.
We were really one with nature here - look at the duck family behind me.  And, Mommy caught me a baby lobster (crawfish) - it almost bit her and was quite exciting! 

I'm not sure about the speed boat...I kept saying "Unc Bud go slow, slow".  Meanwhile, Mommy thought this was the coolest way to go into town for coffee and cinnamon rolls in the morning and she wanted to go "fast", "fast".
Back home we were exhausted.  I made Daddy lay down, dressed him up and gave him my Lovey so that he could take a rest.
Meanwhile, I hosted a Pizza Party for my stuff animals.  I'm obsessed with having "Pizza Parties" and often sing myself "Happy Birthday" and turn it into a full blow birthday party - it is awesome! 

 D:  After Redondo Beach we got back into the dreaded car seat and headed way up into the mountains, about 1.5 hours from our house to the town of Lake Arrowhead.   It was my first mountain trip and first lake sighting.  The air feels a little different here and I sure love all the new things to look at.  
Rockin' on the dock with my Mommy.
Call me a Ladies Man if you will, but I love those Macer girls!!!
What an awesome spot for a diaper change - trees, water, sunshine.

Wow - this water bottle thing is hours of fun!!!

Yummy in my tummy - found my toes!

Mommy took me on a hike while Daddy and Sister hit the cool lake water. 

Our hike was gorgeous.

My hat makes me look like I'm going on safari!

Heat and hiking = sleepy time!

It was hot up here and I'm not allowed to wear sunscreen yet so I was rocking my old school onesie.  Here I am doing the running man in my bassinet lake side.





No comments:

Post a Comment