Sunday, September 16, 2012

How Much is a Sand Dollar?

KK:   The end of July we headed up North via Fresno to Sand Dollar Beach, near Capitola/Santa Cruz. 

 We love our family!  Having a blast with the Lyons/Woods gang.
 Taco Night - aye, aye!
 Like any good Woods boy - Dylan likes Clam Dip!
 Inspecting Logan's train track action.
 The house Grammy & Papa rented was perfect - lots of bedrooms and a great view.  Mommy & Daddy's bed in the living room was also our fun play mat - bonus!

 BBQ Oysters - we're big time, yo!

Uncle Andrew using his "sous vide" machine for his ribs and chicken. Fancy smancy!
 Us, competitive???  Naw.....what could be a simple dinner amongst friends because "Rib Cook Off 2012".   Complete with rib-nappings, ransom notes, recipe secrecy, official ballots, and more.   As you can tell, Uncle Matthew was the big winner but Daddy came in 2nd (and he was first in our hearts!)
 Beach time!   It was actually a bit chilly here but it didn't keep us from the beach.   Daddy and others dug us the best hole to play in!
 Lounging Lyons.
 Mommy, Daddy & Auntie Rochelle took me to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and I got salt water taffy!  yeah baby!
 Wanna see???




 Sweet beach girl.

Happy Grammy & Papa with their Grandbabies!
I love Cousin Katherine - having a blast with my girl.



In the morning one of the days, I got to go on my very first Sand Dollar Adventure.  These are legendary amongst the Woods Boys and Papa.
We even let Daddy come...
Great times with Papa and Logan!
I kept using rocks to hammer in the railroad nails, apparently they are all raised up and someone needs to attend to them.
And the best - a special treat at the KOA Campground - Chocolate Milk and Colored Goldfish.
WOWSA - life is good...

Off we go!

Too cute!!
 Another day we had a Sand Jumping Adventure.  We hiked up this steep hill and jumped down from sand dune to sand dune.   A little scary but quite the thrill!


Come jump in the hole with me!
Scoping out the wild surf.
Logan runs in and well, I'm out!

A picture that captures what I anticipate will be the rest of our lives.....Logan, watch out!   Logan, follow the rules.   Logan, be safe.  Logan, no!

My fellow ladies showing off their Sorority - Mew (Mom), Kappa (Kerstin), Alpha (Allison), Rho (Rochelle).
Love my Lou.


The ever-challenging group photo. 


Safe with Papa.
Yeah baby!   Sand Dollar was a blast.   I wonder how many goldfish and chocolate milks I could buy with a Sand Dollar??   I hope a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment