My box-turned-Car was such a hit that when we upgraded me to the big girl car seat two weeks ago Mom saved the box. Dad cut me a door and PRESTO - I've now got my own playhouse!

As you can see, it was a fixer-upper (here the roof is caving in on me). But, considering we live in Corona Del Mar and this is at least one full square foot, even a fixer-upper probably set me back a cool million.

The windows were pretty small (aka: box handles) and so I wasn't getting much light in the house.

So, I hired myself a contractor and reviewed with him my plans. First order of business, we needed to fix the roof. Check....

Next I showed him where I'd like some windows.

I stayed on-site to project manage, you never can tell with construction these days, so I wanted to keep a close eye on my contractor.

Thankfully, he delivered on-time and under-budget and now I'm all moved in! Here I am enjoying the sun through one of my new sky lights.

I'm pretty excited because word has gotten around and MTV Cribs has contacted my people to see if they could come film my Crib and my Ride. Kaitlyn's in the Hizzzouse!
No comments:
Post a Comment