Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week of July 11th

KK: Daddy went to the Bay Area this week for two days, so Mommy had us for two mornings and two nights by herself, this makes simultaneous breakfast and bath a bit more of an adventure.
Needless to say, I missed my Daddy. We sent him a picture the first morning to say hi.
I tried to get D to wave to Daddy but he still keeps his little hands closed. Let's call it "knucks" instead. "Boom!"
The rest of the week was the usual - played at the park, went to classes, read lots of books. Even Dylan likes to read now.
I did my second Playball class and this one was much better. The first one I thought my Mommy was going to go nuclear on the other mothers. The other moms were chit-chatting while their kids wreaked havoc - hitting, biting, throwing, you name it. The poor teacher didn't know what to do and I was the ONLY kid who followed directions. Mom switched us to a much better class this week, no bad Mommies allowed.
As usual, I'm looking out for my Bro. I didn't want his eyes to get hurt by the sun so offered up my sunglasses. I am so generous....
Other than that let's see....I like wearing my Minnie Mouse gloves and carrying my purse around. I put all kinds of things inside of it this month.
I love trying to lock and unlock things - it is hard work, I'm carrying two purses and trying to figure out which key to use to unlock the garage. Twice I actually succeeded, which was a total high. But that was quickly followed by the low of locking myself on the other side of the door in the dark garage....oops.
I still love bagels, but really I just love cream cheese....
I had a blast this week picking up flags from people's yards. I learned all about the good ol' red, white and blue on our walks. I can tell you the colors and the shapes although I still prefer to call it a "kite" instead of a flag.
And, I'm still prone to the dramatic. I remembered that I had a little boo boo and so I walked the rest of the way home with my pant leg pulled up so that everyone could see my boo boo and give me sympathy.


D: This week for me...
I dig books. And since I can rock Tummy Time now, it is really fun for me to read along.
I had my 4 month check-up this week and it went well. I'm 13 lbs 12 oz & 24 3/4 inches long.
I knew something bad was coming, I could just sense it, so I grabbed Mommy's hand.
I got TWO shots and something icky squirted into my mouth. I was peeved. At least this time I didn't scream in a way that "pierced your soul" as my Mommy described my scream from last time.
Giving my Mom the evil eye afterwards...
But my camo bandaids were a hit at the park later, I'm quite the ladies man... Other than that, I rolled over couple more times from tummy to back - still accidentally though and it still freaks me out. Even better though, I almost rolled from back to front - this was quite intentional and not scary so far.
Seriously??? I mean, really - who is dressing me these days, Elton John????

Wow, can you believe it....my Mommy has finally caught up with the blogs?????

1 comment:

  1. It makes me so happy that Kaitlyn loves her Minnie Mouse purse and gloves! I giggled with glee when I saw the photo!

    ReplyDelete