Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Week...



From Kaitlyn...
This week was one crazy week. One minute I am lounging around inside my plush crib filled with fluid and the next minute I have two large hands around my hips ripping me out into very bright lights. I was then poked, prodded, measured, weighed and given some score, which my new people they call my "Mom" and "Dad" were very pleased with. I slept a lot over the next few days in this cool plastic bin at this B&B called Hoag Hospital. This large "Dad" man jumped up every time I cried, so my wait staff here are really good, but it is not nearly as cozy as my crib was for the last 39 weeks. The "Mom" woman stays in bed most of the time and seems to have a hard time getting up without wincing, I hear she was sliced open for my arrival - yikes! Must be some ancient ritualistic culture I've entered. I feel sorry for her but at least that "Dad" guy has got my back. I'm having a hard time getting food around this place, this "Mom" woman squeals in pain every time I try to feed and so I'm trying to live off of my tiny excess body fat. At 6lbs 11oz there is not a lot of extra weight to go around, even though it is almost bathing suit season, so I hope she and I get better at this or I'm gonna have to write a letter to this Hoag B&B to let them know I want a refund for the Breakfast part...

Every time I open my eyes there is a new blur to look at. I think my new "Mom" & "Dad" people are pretty cool peeps because there are a lot of smelly pretty things and new voices who sound very happy coming to visit us. Especially these people they call my "grandparents", they seem pretty happy when I'm around.

After a few days they put me in this little device called a "Car Seat" and transported me to some other Room & Board. Unfortunately, the new room freaked me out a little. Thankfully, the Dad guy let me fall asleep on his chest when I couldn't adjust, so I was chill from then on. And the "Mom" lady seems to be up and about more too so I'm happy for her.

Other than that, I try to eat, sleep and make poops as often as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment