Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 2...

From Kaitlyn....

Week 2 was a lot less crazy around here in my outside world. My Grammy and Papa Woods came back over my first weekend home to visit me a second time which was cool, they must really like me because I hear that guy they call my "Papa" does not like to drive in LA traffic so I must rank pretty high. They were up visiting my new Cousin, Logan, so I was ok they were not with me during my first week. My grandmother Van Dyke, "Nana", has stayed with us through the week to help my Mom recover from her surgery and hang out with me. She sings to me in many languages and I like it a lot.



Over the weekend my Mom had a very high fever, over 101 degrees, but thankfully that did not keep her from getting up with me at all hours of the day and night....a girl's gotta eat you know!

I had my first outing on my 1 week birthday to see my Doctor and make sure I checked out ok. I weighed in at 6lbs 12oz which is ahead of schedule for me to gain back the weight babies lose during that first week. My Mom seemed really happy at the news that I was gaining weight and healthy.

It was HOT here this week and I was a little uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as my Mom and Nana I think, so the three of us gals hopped in the car and drove around in the A/C along the coast for a while. I dig the car - it makes me sleepy.



I'm a little annoyed with my parents. They found a really great new place to live and we moved everything over the weekend. It is only my second weekend of life and they are already shaking things up. Geez - just when you get used to one place they make you move again!!! My Dad is a pretty amazing guy - since my Mom cannot lift stuff with the surgery and she needs to take care of me, he navigated the move from house to house all by himself with the help of friends. I'm impressed with him but not so excited about the move. Can't a girl get a break around here!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment