Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 3...out and about

From Kaitlyn...
My Dad has been working his bum off getting us settled into our new home, taking care of my Mom & me AND working seriously long hours during the day. I think he rocks. I tried to blow him kisses so he knows I think he is the coolest....


I had several big outings this week! First, I had my Two Week doctor's checkup and am already up to 7lbs 7oz! They measured me all over while I was naked which I was not too keen on - I told them so in my loudest voice but they did it anyway. My head and length are in the 50th percentile for my age and my weight is in the 25th percentile...I'm fitting right in with the Orange County baby social scene by being tall and skinny. I also had a big outing to my Mom's doctor for her first checkup since the surgery. I stayed quiet the whole time and Mom was really excited about that as she didn't want to scare all the pregnant ladies in the waiting room. And we went over to Uncle Ryan and Auntie Cole's house for dinner too - this was WAY cool because they have this furry thing called a Dog that I got to look at. My hiccups sounded like a squeaky toy but Uncle Ryan made sure to protect me just in case their dog got any ideas. Since my immune system will not be fully developed for months now, Mom and I rarely leave the house so these outings seem to be a big deal to my Mom. I think she is really excited to be out and about, even if it is only a doctor's office.


My Mom's new motto is to nap when I nap, she seems much happier when she actually follows through on this although it is really hard for her to actually do that since we just moved in and there is a lot to do around the house. She is getting very agile at holding me and doing other stuff with her other hand, maybe someday we can take this balancing act on the road.

This week for me is all about getting settled, I am digging this three hour feeding schedule but it is exhausting eating all the time!
YAWN....

No comments:

Post a Comment