Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rocky Mountain High...

The weekend of May 28th we headed to Colorado for my Mom's High School Reunion (for her sake I'm not going to tell you which reunion number it was, apparently you could deduce her age and that is a no-no).
On Friday, Mom and I flew on the big airplane all by ourselves. You could tell that she was really, really nervous about having me all to herself on the plane. We ended up in a window seat, not our first choice, but it was totally ideal. I was mesmerized looking out the window and watching the plane move when we were on the ground and I was able to stand up in front of her and not wander into the aisle. Although I needed to be entertained non-stop, I pretty much ate the whole way there and I didn't have any ear issues or fussies. I am a great travel companion, if I do say so myself.
My Nana picked us up at the airport and we headed straight to my Mom's school campus, Colorado Academy, where she went to Middle and Upper School. We attended a BBQ and headed to the gym for some presentation. I was bored by the presentation but super excited to be hanging out with my Nana.
And Mom kept me entertained with a solid stash of Cheerios.
It was news to me, but my Mommy was supposedly Kind Of A Big Deal since her name was on lots of trophies in the case. Apparently, she was a pretty good Field Hockey and Lacrosse player back in the day (waaaaay back). I was doing my hair to make sure that I looked really good just in case anyone approached us for her autograph.
But enough about her...after this we headed up to Nana's house and I was ready to move it. I'd been in the plane or car seat or stroller most of the day (Planes, Trains and Automobiles!) and was so happy to romp all over Nana's huge back yard!
But wait...it gets better....the Fuzzies!!! Scooby and I did the stare down on either side of the screen door. It's go time!
And Kaitlyn sized furniture, just for me!
OMG, a cool waterfall...how do I get in it???
Chasing doggies is so fun!
Two doggies for me to chase & to chase me - ready, set, go!
I got the coolest water toy from my Nana. It was awesome to splash and dunk and pour.

I even let Scooby get in on the action.
But I was very sad when the doggies tried to use my toy as a water bowl....Ebony, back off!!!!
Time with my Nana is just the BEST!
Scooby was hurt and had to wear a hood, I decided to try it on...
Maybe if I wear it as a hat it won't look so silly....what do you think? I think it looks like the Sun is hovering over my head. They say there are 360 days of Sun in Colorado so this is a very fitting hat for me to wear here.
I took to piano playing right away, I have these long fingers that might be perfect for it some day. But for now I got to go BANG, BANG, BANG and make beautiful music (ish).
Mommy & Daddy went to Denver for some cool dinner party for the reunion and I stayed with Uncle Craig and Nana. Uncle Craig taught me how to call and pet the doggies. And he let me watch Hockey with him on TV and he taught me what the players are doing. It was a smashing good time.
I love Springtime in Colorado!! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment