Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KK's 2nd Birthday

KK: I was supposed to be in Fresno partying with Grammy and Papa for three weeks in April while Daddy had a trial there, but it settled on the courtroom steps and dashed my chances of some Q.T. with my grands. This also meant that my Mommy's attempts to get out of throwing me a Birthday party were also dashed. She assumed that I was too young to understand it was my Birthday to begin with, but I set the record straight by shocking her and asking directly for "KK party, jump-jump, cupcakes". In other words...Mommy, I want a party with a bounce house and cupcakes so don't you even try to get out of it because I DO understand that it is my Birthday and I want to PARTAY!
I reminded her of this reality often over the next few weeks by throwing the word "cupcake" around at will, just to keep her on her toes. It definitely worked to my advantage because she let me make cupcakes with her for the first time. As we made the cupcakes I named each one of my friends and family who I was making them for, it was super fun. Through this process I learned about something very important...FROSTING. Let's face it, cupcakes are just cake but frosting...that's like a little spread of heaven spun goodness. Watch as I figure this out for the first time and keep watching to see how excited I am about it on my actual Birthday. By the way - how awesome is it that I blew out my own "hot" (candle)?!?!


When it was time for my impromptu Bday party I was SO excited. We started off the event with crafts, making Elmo faces.
And then guess who came???? ELMO!!!!! My friends thought I was really connected to have the one-and-only Elmo come to my party. Let's face it though, I am kind of a big deal!
It was magical...
It was like I was at a rock concert.
And then, just as I'd asked for - cupcakes!! But not just any cupcakes - Elmo cupcakes!!
I was so happy.
One of my best friends Lexi was sporting a Hitler stash from the cupcake - hilarious!
And my other bestie Savannah was impressing all of us by eating her cupcake like a big girl - frosting AND cake together - now that takes serious skill from what I can tell!
I was wiped out by the end...this picture should just be called "Kaitlyn and too much Birthday". What a blast! Happy 2nd Birthday to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment