KK: In May we started talking a lot about a "big girl bed". Daddy asked me questions about it and I was pretty much all in once we visited Pottery Barn Kids and I got to see these "big girl beds" for myself. I don't see what the big deal is, my parents kept asking me about it over and over - "does KK want a big girl bed?" "Yes, KK big girl bed", I'd reply - for the 10th time. "What will happen to your crib?" they'd ask. "Crib Baby D", I'd reply. I don't see why they don't see how obvious it is that Baby D should get the crib, I mean the poor kid is in a pack & play and I won't be using my crib anymore. "Crib Baby D" - duh!!! I have a cute video to show you but it won't let me upload so I'll have to keep you waiting in suspense...

Here's my room with my crib - we sure had a good run!

Bye, bye crib! My last night as a little crib girl...

When my big girl bed arrived I was ready to roll up my sleeves and help out - I used a wrench and a screwdriver and even helped take out the trash. I think I'll be handy like my Daddy and Mommy.

Testing out our hard work. Like Goldilocks, this one is just right!

Ready for my first night in my big girl bed! All this hard work has made me tired!

A few days later the trundle arrived. Apparently this is where my friends like Lou, Lexi and Savannah can sleep when they stay the night. I can't wait for that day! I tested it out also, I want to make sure I'm a good hostess when the time is right.

Here it is - the almost finished product!


I'm so happy with my big girl bed. I really like the new found freedom. I always stay in my room until my parents come get me from a nap or nighttime but sometimes I sleep on the floor or my chair or just play with my toys until I'm tired.
Annie got her big girl bed this week too!!! Not done with the room yet, but will post soon! Love them!
ReplyDelete