Monday, June 27, 2011

Speeding up to SLO

KK: The weekend of May 27th we headed out to San Luis Obispo to visit Uncle Matthew, Lala (Aunt Allison), Lou (Logan) and Milo. We had not seen them since Dylan's birth and Dylan is already 10 weeks old! And Grammy and Papa came into town also, so it was fantastic.
We had a great drive up there, it was our first road trip in our new car. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that we rented a mini-van to get all of us to Palm Springs a few weeks ago and my Mom (despite her very strong dislike of mini-vans) decided that we needed to get one, immediately. Practically the next day we traded in her black Lexus SUV for our new white Sienna. Trying to get two kids out of an SUV whose doors opened outward combined with putting a double stroller and all our stuff in a smaller trunk was driving my Mom insane, so I'm happy for her. I love the new ride - I can get in my car seat all by myself, enjoy amble space to lounge in and I had a great time watching the cows pass by through the big windows all around. When I got bored I fashioned myself a dress out of wet-wipes, it was quite a good trip. Even Baby D only cried for the last 30 minutes or so - not so bad! It was our first time seeing Matthew and Lala's new yard. It is Awesome!!!

We spent a lot of time relaxing and playing in the yard that weekend.
Lou has the coolest jungle gym, he gave me a tour right away.
I had the best time - swinging, climbing, playing.
I even got Lou to play imaginary "tee tot" (teeter-toter) with me!
I played house a lot and I really liked taking his lawn mower inside and pretending to vacuum. The only problem was that the door shuts so hard behind me that I get trapped once I'm in and playing house quickly turns into playing jail because I'm locked up behind bars. Oh nobody knows the trouble I've seen....
Lou taught me a thing or two that weekend. He climbs out of the window of the house when he gets trapped. I quickly followed suit.
His slide is smokin' fast...you can tell that I was launched out of the slide onto the ground. Apparently I'm one of the very few kids who are brave enough to go back for more - giddy up!!

It is really great that Lou is such a good sport - here you can tell that I've picked up all of the "good" toys and am taking them away from him.
And I'm quick to tell him "NO, MINE" - he isn't even reaching for them but he's looking at them and that's good enough for me to feel like I need to give him a warning.
I showed Lou my cape action.
Someone has gotta teach me how not to throw like a girl...
I am pretty stoked about my new cousin Milo. He is totally adorable. I like the name Milo so much that I've named my tummy "Milo" too. So, for example, when I want food, I say that "Milo's hungry".
And he has a good sense of humor.

Kisses for Milo!
We went on a great walk that weekend, including fun time at the park.
And Logan and I spent a lot of time outside having picnics.
Lou is much better at sharing than I am it appears.
These chairs are just the best way to enjoy cheese and grapes in the great outdoors. This has got to be what "happy hour" is all about!!
Fun with Lou!
Double trouble...
We also headed to a local winery for some wine tasting. Since I'm still underage I hit the bocce ball court instead.
Like a little Babe Ruth - calling my shot. Action shot...
Uncle Matthew had firefighter's lunch with us - we each got a hat and had a blast.
Mommy enjoyed getting away and getting out of the same-old-routine at home.

Ok, how adorable is this??? All of the cousins together on the couch. And we are all sporting the awesome hats that Aunt Leigh made for each of us.

We are too cute for words!!!!

Thanks for hosting a great weekend Uncle Matthew and Lala!

No comments:

Post a Comment