Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

D: These people called my "parents" like to travel a lot I think. I'm only 10 weeks old and I've already been on a couple of road trips. As KK mentioned, Memorial weekend we headed up to San Luis Obispo. I slept most of the car ride there and all of the car ride home. However, when I'm awake in the car seat my patience is very thin. I'm just learning how to move my arms and legs and you strap me down in this clunky chair in a harness!?!?! I don't think so....needless to say, most of my awake time in the car is spent telling my parents that I'm not happy in the loudest cry I can muster.
Thankfully, Uncle Matthew and Auntie Allison's place is super relaxing and my car seat cares quickly slipped away. My weekend was a lot like Kaitlyn's, in some respects at least. I too spent a lot of time enjoying the great outdoors in their new yard.
I got to play with new toys too - like this chair, which has a mirror over it. Is that another baby looking back at me or is it me??? Either way, he's awfully adorable so I can easily sit and admire his cuteness for a while.

I was super excited to meet my cousin Milo for the first time because he and I are close in age and have a lot in common.For instance, we don't crawl or walk yet and we don't eat solid food yet or anything. And, we both like the play mat, so I'm pretty sure we are going to be good friends based on this alone.
He's just about 1 month older than me - so fun!
We were getting along great and I was very appreciative of him sharing all his toys with me.
Until...he took some notes from Cousin Lou's playbook and gave me an arm bar. I heard stories of Logan doing this to Kaitlyn when they were babies, he must be giving Milo pointers on how to keep me in line. Thankfully Grammy saved me, I'm just not ready to compete yet with a big 3+ month old!
I'm smiling a lot at this age and just LOVE attention. If you talk to me, I'll make noises back and try to converse. I just beam when you look over at me.
I also really love eye contact. Papa is giving me a bath, which I love, and I'm having a little staring contest with him because I just don't want him to look away. It almost feels like I don't just look at you - I look in to you.
Daddy serenaded me on the mini-guitar thingy, I liked it.
And I played with my Papa a lot, it was great. I'm named after him (Dylan Michael) and am already starting to see why - he's pretty great.
Our adventure to the winery was kinda boring for me. It was pretty windy there and I was a little cold.

I just don't get why we drove all the way here for the adults to drink something out of that bottle - it must be pretty special stuff. I'm really studying it trying to figure it out.
The good part about the winery adventure is that I got to be held a lot to stay warm. Hangin' with my Papa.
And snuggle time with Grammy.
All in all, a great weekend! If only I didn't have to ride in a car seat I could really get used to this traveling stuff!












No comments:

Post a Comment