Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birthdays That Never End

KK:  I'm a little confused by this whole Birthday thing.  I had my party already but apparently, if it is not on the actual day of your Birthday you get to celebrate again, on the actual date.  I'm not sure if this means I've actually had two birthdays this year or not.  But, since I made a deal with my parents that I'd stop sucking my thumb at age 3, I do believe that this means I am now 4 years old and therefore actually skipped over the age where I need to stop sucking my thumb.  I've presented this theory to my parental units and they are not buying it.  "But, I'm four now so I don't have to stop sucking my thumb anymore."  No joke - that literally came out of my mouth and they didn't buy it.  I should at least get a few more months just for being so clever.  

But, there is a lot I still don't understand - like the fact that the bounce house from my Birthday was not actually a present for me - I cried with devastation when they took it away.   I feel that I am a little too young to be learning about life's disappointments and therefore my parents should really go out and purchase our own bounce house.   Just a thought....

 The sting from losing the bounce house was quickly forgotten as I got to start opening my real presents (and nobody better take these away, you got it???). 
Cute clothes from Nana. Including this hot little number...
 Finally my actual Birthday, April 13th, was here.  And we started the morning off in Woods' traditional style - Birthday Breakfast!   It felt a little early to be so festive but I went with it.

 Presents were involved so I quickly warmed up to the idea.
 Hurray for me!  And hurray to Daddy for my awesome Mickey Mouse pancake!!
 It's official - I'm three!  (or "thwee" as I tend to say, along with showing you three fingers)
 Cute job folks.
 I had school on my Bday and they made me my very own crown and then Mommy & Daddy brought awesome pink cupcakes for my whole class. 
Bday Princess turns 3!

At my school we get to do a special show & tell on our Bday - to talk about how we grow up from year to year and we bring in pictures from each year.   Here are the pictures I shared with my class, I wanted to share them with you too!
 April 13, 2009.  7:54am - hello world!
Just a couple of weeks later - so cute!
My 1st Birthday!

Fun scenes from my 1st Bday party - appropriately the bubble themed party since my first word was "bubble"!
My 2nd Bday party - Elmo came to visit.  A lot has changed in a year!
And, last weekend at my 3rd Bday party - bigger and bigger each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment