Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Congratulations Kaitlyn!

KK:  Welcome to my Newport Montessori graduation!  I'm so sad to be leaving Ms. Anu's class.  She is the best teacher and my friendships here were amazing.  I'm leaving school with a love of reading and math and art.  I love reading chapter books and doing addition and subtraction.  Kindergarten at Eastbluff next year - I'm ready for you!


All three of my main teachers from my time at Montessori - Ms Thamara, Ms. Lucy and Ms. Anu are here today.

Watching the slideshow with my buddies...


Wow - my fan club takes up the first two rows of the ceremony!  Yeah me!

First some songs..

Then my speech about my time here from a baby up till now...(I was nervous but I think I nailed it!)  There's a great video but it's too big for the blog :(


Here was my speech - I wrote it all on my own.



Then time for our cap & gown....very official.


Time for my diploma...




















And the old tassel switch.
















Our class.



I love you Ms. Anu!




And my fan club - I love you too!








Potentially my future husband...(smartest and cutest boy in class)










Today was a very special day - not only for this graduation, but because of the path this experience has set me on.  Ms. Anu gave us each a framed saying that I'd like to share with you....

PROMISE YOURSELF
Promise yourself to be strong so nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
Promise yourself to talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
Promise yourself to make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
Promise yourself to look at the sunny side of everything, and make your optimism come true.
Promise yourself to think only the best, work for only the best, and expect only the best.
Promise yourself to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
Promise yourself to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Promise yourself to wear a cheerful outlook at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile and wish them happiness.
Promise yourself to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

Love, Ms. Anu


No comments:

Post a Comment