Thankfully the meltdown came and went and we finally got situated in Golden Gate Park where we enjoyed a gorgeous Bay Area day with a picnic.

It was extra special to be in San Fran because I got to meet my Mommy's Cousin Carolyn. There are not a lot of women in our family so having the three of us together was really awesome.
After our picnic I got to ride in the Bjorn (it's called a Baby Bjorn but I prefer to drop the 'Baby' so it sounds more like I'm rolling in a European sports car) into the newly remodeled California Academy of Sciences. Not a bad gig - Dad does all the work and I get to sleep and look around whenever I want!
First we saw their 'Green' roof...Mom & Dad seemed pretty impressed by this concept but I don't see the big deal about putting dirt on a roof.
We got to see fishies and an albino alligator and then go into the rainforest. This was my favorite because there were these cute little flying things all around. We got up close to one and Dad explained that it was called a Butterfly. We watched it for a while and then one landed on my head!! They are cute and all but I'd rather they keep a little distance so they don't doo in my do, if you know what I mean.
Next stop, Marin Headlands for a killer view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Supposedly we were just on the other side of the bridge a minute ago but we might as well been on another planet for all I knew. I was just glad to be out of the car and have the wind on my face, even if they did make me wear my dorky hat again.

After this we made our way over to our hotel in beautiful Sausalito. I was so dang excited to be out of the car seat and city traffic that I smiled and smiled and almost did a somersault just to make sure Mommy & Daddy understood my joy.
I was so happy in fact that I let them have cocktails on our deck overlooking the Bay and a romantic dinner without so much as a peep out of me. And I even slept through the entire night just to be reeeally nice.
The next day we went on a delightful walk before leaving town and Daddy showed me his dream boat in the background. When I go global with my blog maybe I can buy him this one someday. I especially am fond of the helicopter on board.
No comments:
Post a Comment