Friday, October 1, 2010

Wedding Weekend - The Big Day!

On Sunday, September 5th, Andrew and Rochelle became Mr & Mrs Woods. Yeah!!! I have a new Aunt - yippee!! And a super awesome one at that...beautiful, brilliant, kind, the type of girl you want to have as part of your family. It was a picture perfect day and gorgeous setting at at a country club in Carmel.
Matthew, Lala and Logan making their arrival. Lookin' good!
Mommy and me, all dressed up and ready to party.
Mom was smart and kept me from seeing the fountain until it was GO time. Then she walked Logan and me to the starting line and pointed the way. Needless to say, there were a LOT of people staring at us and we weren't so sure about what to do next. There were bets going around wondering if we could pull this off and make it down the aisle without one of us having a melt down or pooping our pants. At this point, anything was possible....
Thankfully, Logan saw Papa and his Daddy at the end of the aisle and took off running with a huge smile on his face. He charged it like a Linebacker looking adorable in his little tux.
I followed suit after Logan upon seeing my Daddy and Lovey, and sprinted down the aisle. All smiles the whole way. I didn't throw any of the flower petals like we'd been practicing, but I was running so fast that many of them flew out of the basket and made the desired effect.
The crowd was smiling big and cheering, so I'm guessing we did OK. Mom and Dad seemed really pleased and so I think our Mission as Flower Girl and Ring Bearer was accomplished. Yeah!
Unfortunately, we got a glimpse of the celebration and were not at all pleased when we were whisked away after our grand entrance and forced to hang out in a separate room so as not to disturb the ceremony with our cuteness. We showed them by crying at the top of our lungs so we could still be heard over the pastor from time to time. HA! You cannot keep us from the fun! Eventually, we got a window seat and enjoyed watching the rest of the ceremony. Whoo hoo - congratulations Mr & Mrs Woods!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment