Friday, July 15, 2011

Week of June 20th - Fresno & the Surface of the Sun

KK: The week of June 20th we headed to Fresno to hang with Grammy and Papa at "Papa House". It was a week full of fun and adventures...
I had swim lessons every day with Ann Buchanan. I can dive down to pick up rings and I can hold my breath and swim under water for a loooong time now!
The best is that you end each lesson with a visit to the candy basket, now I see why they call her "Ann Bu-candy". I had my first, second, third, forth and fifth(!) lollipops of my whole life. So far I don't like blue ones but I love purple, green and red ones. I cannot wait to return to try more colors.
Daddy, Uncle Matthew and Uncle Andrew all took lessons from Ann so this was a very cool tradition to participate in. When Daddy came to town at the end of the week he came by to watch me and say hi to Ann, it was cool.
What a small world!! (or as Grammy likes to say, "Fresno is the center of the universe"). I was getting my swim lesson when one of Daddy's best friends from High School walked in with her three little boys (5, 3 & 3 weeks old). Amazingly enough, they live in China now and are just here for the delivery of the baby. How cool! Aaron is 3 years old and we hit it off right away. I wish I knew where China was because I'd like to go visit him.

We ate outside a lot & it was super fun. I feel like you can get messier eating outside and not get in trouble cause you're outdoors. Fun!
I love that they have a pool at Papa House too because I spent a lot of time in the pool. It was especially delightful because Fresno is as close to the surface of the sun that I've ever been. One day is was literally 108 degrees here. I think that is the same temperature as the sun itself so being in the pool was perfection.
Tantie and Uncle Boops came by to visit, it was so fun to see them! I think Dylan enjoyed meeting everyone. Mrs. Jones came by too and I had the most wonderful visit with her. I love her company and think my Mommy and Grammy do too.
One of the real highlights of my visit was time with my GiGi (Great Grammy). She read me books and we snuggled. It was great.
We had a playdate one day with all of my Fresno cousins. It was SO fun. Here I am with Cousin Maddi (4), Brody (18 mo) and Collin (2). I didn't want to share my pool toys very much but I really liked their company at the same time - such choices!
We had a fun picnic together after pool time too.
Maddi, Dylan and I have the picture thing down!
Here we are all, including our newest cousin, Baby Ethan (4 weeks younger than Dylan). How fun!!!
Hugs for my Cousins - love you guys!
With our cousins over I had the most amazing experience - my first Popsicle!!! At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. It is cold and drippy. But let's just say that while this was my first popsicle, this was definitely not my last!!! In fact, before I was done with this orange one I'd already called dibbs on a purple one.
It cooled down a little on the weekend, just in time for my adventure with Papa. Papa has been in trial all week and working very hard so I only got to play with him a little at night and in the morning so the weekend was a welcome time for us all. He took me and Daddy to the Zoo. He helped me pet the animals.
And he gave me a ride when I got tired. We got to see lots of animals including long nose and a brand new baby monkey.The best was that I got to feed a long neck ("Giraffe". Check out his long tongue touching the leaf IN MY HAND! And check out Papa's face, he's just as amazed as I am!
We then went to Storybook Land, or something like that.

As always, the choo choo is a big hit with me. Love it!
Daddy and I rode the helicopters. I'm pretty sure Daddy was nauseous by the end but I was ready to ride again.
I rode my very first roller coaster with Papa. You didn't hear this from me but Papa might have screamed like a little girl....;) It was a pretty intense ride, not for the faint of heart.

I got to ride the carousel with Daddy, he and I both saddled up.
Over the weekend we got to have a very cool & unique experience - a tour of Wawona Frozen Foods, owned by Grammy & Papa's close friends. I got to wear a cool little hat under my hat and we got to see big machines doing amazing things to strawberries. I love to eat strawberries and I was impressed by all the action.

D: This trip to Fresno makes my 2nd road trip of my life. I have about a 4 hour car ride limit before I lose my mind. Mommy and Grammy hit traffic coming here so the last hour to 1 1/2 hours or so of the ride I screamed bloody murder and I think everyone was exhausted before we even got there as a result. Other than the car ride, I did great. I slept fine in the pack & play in a new place, and even made it through the hot nights while the A/C was broken. I'd wake up once in a while for a quick shout-out but I still slept basically 10pm to 6am or so (my sister was the big trouble maker with a pretty consistent 5:15am wake up call this week and no Daddy to take care of her so Mommy was beat!). Over the weekend in Fresno, Uncle Mike and Aunt Karen came into town to meet me and see my Big Sis. It was my first time meeting them and I loved them right away. I could tell that KK loved them too because after they left she asked "where Unk Mike go?" "where Karen go" and practiced saying "Sac-ra-men-o" for about a week. Here I am, chillin' with Uncle Mike.
I felt really comfortable with Uncle Mike. Mommy and Daddy prayed that Papa Lyons would kiss me on my way into life & watch over me, maybe that is why I feel connected to him.
I also loved being held by Aunt Karen, I was so at ease with her that I fell asleep!
I love my Lyons family already!

We went on a tour over the weekend, I have no idea what we were looking at but everyone seemed really interested. It was loud and cold in some parts but I was able to fall asleep so clearly the noise didn't bother me, especially because Grammy protected me.
As for the pool....me no likey. My first time in it was SO hot that Grammy handed me to Mommy in the pool. I screamed and cried and am pretty sure they were trying to subject me to some sort of water torture. It was cold and slimy and I didn't care for it at all. You can even see the sad, pouty look on my face just because Grammy is bringing me close to the pool.
For me, the best way to beat the heat is just to be naked, or "nake baby" as my Sister calls it.
One of the best parts of the week for me was meeting my GiGi for the very first time. Not many people will get a chance to know their great-grandparent and I'm so lucky that I'm getting to know mine!
And on a personal note - I am totally rocking the laughs and grabbing my toys these days. Check me out - I can grab Lion and even direct him to my mouth, where I want everything to go. Awesome!
Cheers to my first trip to Fresno!







No comments:

Post a Comment