Being sick is the pits. The 2nd AND 3rd week of January I was sick almost the whole time. I had a fever between 101-104 for 5 straight days and the worst cough of my life. I thought there might be a monster living inside of me with all of the bad noises that would come out of me when I breathed. And that's not to mention the throwing up, diarrhea and stuffy nose. I've never been this sick before in my life and I hope I'm never this sick again.
The nice part was that Mommy would get up with me at night, just like when I was a little baby, so that I could get help breathing and going back to sleep. I liked the snuggle time and secretly so did she. The big bummer was when Daddy had to leave town for a trial so Mommy was here by herself and my Nanny got so sick that she couldn't come to work so Mommy was all on her own. The best part of all, however, was when Daddy's trial miraculously canceled after just a few days away and he was able to come home weeks earlier than expected! Thank God!!!
Sadly, now Mommy and Daddy are both sick. I've never seen Mommy this sick either, she too has had a fever on and off for days, along with the rest of it. And no one has ever seen Daddy sick (not even a little sick!), even in the almost 12 years Mommy has known Daddy. We continue to hope that I got his immune system instead of Mommy's. Needless to say, it's been a rough start to 2011 for the Woods' household. Mommy wants to never let me out of the house again, for fear I will bring back germs and she's now talking about making our home a "clean room" environment where you need to do a full body disinfection and wear protective suits the whole time. I'm not sure that's gonna fly....
But, thanks to everyone for the chicken soup, prayers, well wishes, extra help and the rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment