The weekend of Jan 21st-24th we all headed down to a gorgeous condo just 2 blocks off the beach in Carlsbad, CA (just north of San Diego and only about 50 minutes south of us). The weather was perfect and my cough was lessening by the day. We entertained a lot at the condo and even Mommy made it out of bed for a little bit to enjoy everyone's company.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Sweet Swedes
The timing of my awful cold was perfect because I was almost back to normal by the time Nana and Uncle Craig arrived from Colorado on Jan 20th. It was great because Uncle Craig ("Caig") hadn't been here before and I wanted to show him all around. Sadly, Mommy was just heading into the worst of her sickness so she was barely hanging in there. Thank goodness for Daddy being around to save the day or I would have had to show Nana and Craig around town all on my own and I'm not a very good tour guide yet!
The weekend of Jan 21st-24th we all headed down to a gorgeous condo just 2 blocks off the beach in Carlsbad, CA (just north of San Diego and only about 50 minutes south of us). The weather was perfect and my cough was lessening by the day. We entertained a lot at the condo and even Mommy made it out of bed for a little bit to enjoy everyone's company.
I got to meet so many of my Nana's cousins (from my Great-Nana's Oscarson side of the family), some of whom Mommy hadn't met or hadn't seen in decades. It was really fun. What a beautiful group of women I'm related to!
Everyone seemed to enjoy looking at old pictures and telling stories.

Meanwhile, I was getting in touch with these Swedish roots by putting on the Viking hat.
I make a mean looking Viking babe, don't you think???
The weekend of Jan 21st-24th we all headed down to a gorgeous condo just 2 blocks off the beach in Carlsbad, CA (just north of San Diego and only about 50 minutes south of us). The weather was perfect and my cough was lessening by the day. We entertained a lot at the condo and even Mommy made it out of bed for a little bit to enjoy everyone's company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment