Monday, January 11, 2010

Finger Food Fun

Ever since the week of Christmas, I am totally into finger food and totally over being fed pureed baby mush. If I can't pick it up myself, I don't want it. The problem is my technique...my pincher finger skills are still developing and so sometimes I have to palm the food and squirt it out between my fingers to get it out of my hand. It is SO fun and SO messy!!

The only problem is that I'm not very good at determining how much to put in my mouth. If Mom puts a bunch of stuff on the tray I'm genuinely going to try to get every piece in my mouth. My mouth is only as big as a tablespoon but if you put a cup of food in front of me I am for sure going to try to fit it ALL in. But it is not all bad, the other cool part is that I also try to finger paint with the food that is left on my tray. I am quite the artist.


Based on this new requirement for things to be finger friendly I've had to revise my Zagat's Guide to Baby Food....

-Cauliflower - 5 Rattles. I liked it pureed and like it roasted too. Yummy!
-Avocado - 5 Rattles. I could live on this stuff.
-Apples - 4 Rattles. Pureed or raw & crunchy, all good.
-Roasted Cabbage - 3 Rattles. Hard to eat but tasty. However, Brussel Sprouts - Zero Rattles. Gives my bum a rash and tastes baaaad.
-Cantaloupe - 5 Rattles. Squishy and yummy.
-Black Beans - 5 Rattles. A little small for my fingers but dig 'em.
-Steak - 1 Rattle. Too hard to chew without teeth, not sure what the big deal is.

1 comment:

  1. love your ratings...food critic in the making:) miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete