Saturday, January 2, 2010

Breckenridge

Our first full day in Colorado we headed up further into the Mountains to a town called Breckenridge. I slept most of the way up which means I missed seeing frozen waterfalls and big horned sheep but this mountain air makes me sleepy!

Once in town, we headed to Breckenridge Brewery for some lunch. I am TOTALLY into finger foods now and so I got to share the avocado and tomato from Mom's salad. I fed myself and was happy as a clam. After this, I went for a nap while Mom & Dad headed to what is apparently Mom's favorite Starbucks in the whole world. I can't blame her for liking it - it is a super cute yellow little house with fireplaces inside and just quintessential Breck.
The condo we rented is just perfect, a block from town and ski-in with lots of new things for me to explore. We played there for a bit but then headed out for dinner. I was snug as a bug!
It has been a long time since I was out and about after dark and I wasn't too sure what to think of it all. It is pretty with all the Christmas lights that make it look like stars are covering the trees. However, I'm especially concerned because it is cold here and when I breathe little puffs of smoke come out of my mouth, which I find really freaky. Am I on fire?? Am I a fire-breathing baby? What if I'm a dragon??? Geez! Oh well, no one else seems concerned about the smoke coming out of their mouths so I'm just gonna skeptically roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment