On Dada's Birthday weekend in late November, Uncle Matthew, Aunt Allison ("Lala") and Logan ("Lou") came down for a visit. It was AWESOME! I wanted Lou to go everywhere I went, at all times. I couldn't even eat my snack without him sharing the chair with me....

We did a pretty good job of sharing, if I do say so myself! Lala and Lou taught me how to put raspberries on my fingers and I thought that was pretty cool.

I heard that Lou likes to climb and so I had Mama pull out the step ladder that I use for climbing and I even let him have a turn.

It was really cold out that weekend and so I got to stay inside and read lots of books with Lou and Lala. I was so excited to have them there I think every other word out of my mouth was either "Lou" or "Lala". And if either of them left the room, I'd frantically search the house until I found them again.

I also got some great quality time with Uncle Matthew, here we are snuggling on the sofa watching home movies together.

And on Sunday we even got to watch football, which I fondly just call "ball". We're like two peas in a pod, snuggled under the blankie, me with my Lovey & Thumb, Lou with his two pacifiers that he magical switches out using only one hand.

There were some cute Kodak moments and so I made sure our camera, or "cheese" as I call it, was on hand at all times.

Even bath time was super fun because I had someone to share it with. And I was very conscientious that I wanted Lou to stay warm, I even tried putting water on him myself and the moment I got some water or a toy, I wanted him to have it too.
And to cap off the weekend in style, Grammy ("Gaga") and Papa came into town for a visit too! My head was spinning I was so excited to have everyone there. And, I got my very own first Nativity set. I love taking the "baby" (baby Jesus) around with me places, yesterday I even tried to share my cookie with Baby Jesus and Mommy was very happy. I also like the other animals whose names I know, the "Sheeep" that say "baa", the "moo" (cow) that says "moo", and the "donk" that I soon came to learn says "eee aw". Fun!

This was the weekend that started my new favorite game - follow the leader - with me being the leader, of course! Meanwhile, Grammy worked on getting me to say her name the way she wants it, instead of my adopted "Gaga". And, you can see how I'm a really good girl about cleaning my dinner area when I'm done. I'll sit there for a bit longer but when I'm done eating I want everything food related out of my space! You may also notice that I'm sitting in a big girl booster seat and not my high chair. Yep, I successfully wore my parents down this past week with a lot of screaming each time I got in the high chair. It worked!!!! Yeah - score 1 for Kaitlyn....
It was a fun long weekend for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment