Friday, December 17, 2010

Mad Scientist

On Saturday in Colorado we took advantage of the nice weather and headed into downtown Denver, about 45 minutes from Nana's house. It was our first visit to the Denver Children's Museum and it was a big hit!

Here I am in the bubble room, all dressed up like a Mad Scientist making bubble creations. I think I'd make a great scientist some day.
Here you get to blow HUGE bubbles across this square soap pully. Amazing.
And check this out....we are INSIDE a huge bubble!! WOW!
We got to explore a whole plant kingdom in one room, even going underground to see where the roots and worms live. I was NOT a fan of the dark underground part but was happy to emerge into the flowers and trees.
And then I got a turn at driving the Fire Engine.
Out of my way - we've got a 7 alarm fire to get to!!!!!!! Based on this picture, it's a good thing I don't have my license yet, I need to work on my road rage.
Then we headed across the street to the Denver Aquarium. It was a really impressive place which focused more on river and lake fish, common to Colorado, instead of coastal fish like the aquariums I've been to thus far. Howdy Mr. Turtle.
Lots of beautiful (and yummy looking) Rainbow Trout. What's for lunch?


After this we took a wonderful drive out to Golden and Boulder, the point was for me to nap the whole time but it was so pretty I had a hard time staying asleep! We headed home so I could play with Nana. We colored on my new coloring table, just my size!
Another great day in Colorado for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment