Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Party Prep & The Luck of the Irish

D:  It's the week of my actual 1st birthday and my party is this weekend!   We're busy with life and party prep.
 Yeah baby, who's #1!?!?!  ME!  It is Thursday, March 15th and I'm one year old today!
Here are my stats:  20.2 lbs (10th percentile), 31 inches long (88%), 46 1/2cm head circumference (50%).   I'm a long, lean dimpled machine!!!   Those of you with spy-like observation like my Daddy might notice the bandaid on my finger.  Some Bday present you get at the doctor - 3 shots and a pin prick to the finger - these people really don't know how to celebrate milestones very well.....I'm just sayin'.


At least I got to ride in the car at the grocery store at the first time today after all the shots - that kept my mind off of it. 

Enjoying my bottle and snuggling with my Daddy.  Rumor has it that my bottle days are numbered now that I'm a big boy!  
 KK is being extra-sweet to me this week cause I'm the Bday boy.  I could get used to this!

 Check out my sweet new ride!  Now this is the way to celebrate!  Grammy and Papa came into town for my Bday and I got a sweet new ride.  Vroom vroom!  We spent at least an hour with Grammy, Papa and Uncle Drewsy speeding my back and forth down the hallway.  Fear, uncertainty, fun - it's all good when you're cruising over the speed limit with the top down.  Good thing Papa was here to build the car because from what I hear this was not exactly user friendly.   Thanks Grammy & Papa!
 After that it was all-hands on deck to do party prep.  Sister and Grammy slammed the beef into the slider maker and then made the dirt cake (you'll see....).  Looked like they were having fun. 
 Meanwhile, us boys got ready to head out to Muldoon's for St. Paddy's Day.   What? I don't get to go drink green formula?!?!?  But I'm all ready for the festivities!  Looks like this is just for the 21 and over crowd.  Aw man....
At least Mommy will hang with me and be silly - we rocked our Thai Boxing shorts as a family this morning to surprise Uncle Drewsy & Auntie Shell and still had them on with our Green - I wonder if there are Thai Irish people?  If so, they'd be proud.



And to close - just a little crawling shot.  Now that I'm one I'll soon have to start walking like a big kid.   These days are numbered my friends.   Gotta go, my Big Party is just around the corner.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment