Monday, June 4, 2012

Hay May!

KK:  May came and went so fast....so here's a quick recap of my life up leading up to Memorial Day weekend....
 I'm a seriously big girl - leg crossed, eating my snack, working on my iPad.  Places to go, people to see....
 Taking this very seriously....
We're on the road on the way to Fresno.  We got to all go to Fresno to support Grammy's Kentucky Derby party for her volunteer organization.   I was sick leading up to the weekend, probably a result of Dylan being so sick lately, and was so glad that we were able to go. 
 Savi came over and we played in the yard - here we are pretending to sleep. 
 And they're off!!!   Our parents love to have us run and run and run, are we training for something?

 I love playdough, May was filled with a lot of playdough adventures, especially as I introduced it to Dylan for the first time.  He likes it too but also tries to eat it - ewwwwwww!
 Also in May, back to the dentist for me....as you may recall, this did NOT go well last time.
 I'm rocking this dentist appointment!   I stayed super still for the x-rays and let them do the full teeth cleaning.  yeah baby!
 No problem - just hanging out and watching Nemo.  This isn't so bad!
 My dentist wouldn't be so excited about this but....we also made some S'Mores in May!
 Ooey, gooey - yummy!
 I love our Tuesday routine, Mommy takes me to ballet and then we go to Starbucks afterwards for a treat.  Daddy joins us if he is able to and we hang out.  If Daddy isn't available, then Mommy and I play bingo.  So fun!
 I've introduced Dylan to the joys of the car wash recently too.  I think he likes it as we watch the cars cruise through the sprays and dryers.
 I love the car wash especially for the spinning chairs - round and round we go!
We've made some new friends in May also.   Daddy's colleague Dave has a boy and girl that are almost exactly the ages of Dylan and me, but reversed!   We had a great time playing together.  


Supporting our friend Irvina's non-profit, I'm rocking my tank top for "Rewrite Beautiful", which says "kindness is my beauty secret".  Beauty from the inside is best!
 
 I'm a super lucky-ducky because Mommy took a half-day to take me to Disneyland AND California Adventure at Disneyland.  It was AWESOME.  We had the best day.   We started out in Disneyland because we rode the Monorail in and we decided that today was going to be all-new adventures.  We went on the Mad Hatter ride and then met Alice herself.
 
  Then we went to Pixie Hollow.  There I met Tink!!!  It was awesome but I was a little shy - she's my favorite after all!  
 Then we walked over to CA Adventure.  It was my first time to this park.  I know this picture is a little scary but I had to include it to show you my favorite ride - Ariel's Underwater Adventure.  This is me, riding in a clam shell, cruising under the water, watching the fishes sing and dance to music from "The Little Mermaid".   We rode 4 times in a row.  It was the best.


We rode the BIG ferris wheel. 
 
And in "Bug's Land" we rode a the "Chew chew train" which is a very, very hungry (and burpy!) Caterpillar - I might look a little nervous but it's because I AM nervous - I never rode a caterpillar before!
 
I ate a huge red Popsicle - it was amazing.  Then, we tried to see the Muppets 3D movie but I lasted about 1 minute before the 3D effects scared me to tears - I literally screamed my head off and couldn't be calmed down until we left the theater.   The stuff was LITERALLY coming at me, no joke, including a big bug.  No thank you.


 And then, because we were past my bedtime and I didn't want to leave, I cried the entire way to the car.  Literally - the entire 15 minute walk to the car, without pausing.   I was pooped and immediately passed out.  
I can't wait to go back and do it all again!  
 Mommy and I play around a lot - here we are practicing our emotion faces - "angry".
 Happy.
 Surprised.
 Silly.
 Bored.
 Mommy did my first French Braid.  She did it super fast so I'm not sure what the big deal is but she seemed awfully proud of herself.
It turned out very pretty!
I'm being a little finicky with regard to eating these days.  If I love the food (i.e.: mac & cheese....), then I'll eat it without any push-back.  If I'm not so excited about it (i.e.: anything related to pork....), then I'll stall to the point of steam coming out of my parent's ears and then sweetly ask them to feed me.  I just don't see why I have to expend the energy to feed myself if I'm not excited about the food and if they will do it for me instead.   And then, I try to tell them that I'm full after not eating very much.   I'll even show them my tummy to give them the visual clue that I'm full.  See, SO full - simply cannot eat another bite of pork....
 The weather was great in early May so we pulled out the cool water toy that Uncle Drewsy and Auntie Shell got me a while back.  It was Dylan's first time and he loved it - he's a water kid like me.   He wasn't so excited about me dousing him with water but he was a good sport.  I was dousing myself too so it wasn't like I was being unfair after all! 



I'll let Dylan tell you about his May next!

No comments:

Post a Comment