KK: At the end of April we had
parent/teacher conferences and Open House. I guess
my new teacher, Ms. Vanessa, said that I've adjusted very well to being
in the Big Kid class and that I'm doing my "works" very well (works are
skill-development activities that we do on a small mat that we roll out)
but should soon branch out from the blocks/matching to the numbers and
letters. I guess I rub my nose or eye when I get nervous, my parents
have picked up on this, as has my teacher - gonna have to get a better
Poker Face if I'm gonna play with the big dogs.
Here I am at Open House, showing them my "Works"
I'm organizing items by color on a paper and showing Daddy how to do it too.
Yeah - all done!
Now I'm lining up blocks from smallest to largest and putting them back carefully after I'm done. I liked showing my parents what I do but I was a little more nervous than I expected!
8:45-9am: Drop off (usually Mommy) and group works (like doing blocks together)
9-9:20am: Circle time - Pledge of Allegiance, Calendar, Sound of the Week
9:20-10:40:
Works - individual or small group lessons on math, language, culture,
sensory skills, practical life skills. I'm allowed to get my own
snack, pour my own drink, etc anytime during this time frame.
10:40-11am:
Group Lesson on our focus for the month: Monday's are geography (this
month is Asia, for example), Tuesday =
Science (zoology, botany, etc), Wednesday = Community Helper (police,
etc), Thursday = Artist (Monet, etc.), Friday = Composer (Mozart,
etc). On Friday's we can do "Share" which is show & tell
related to something we're learning. Cool!
11-11:25am: Free play (outside when it's nice - yeah!)
11:25-11:40am: Lunch etiquette and yoga
11:40-12pm: Lunch, clean-up and pick-up for me (usually Daddy)I love going to school - yeah!


No comments:
Post a Comment