Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May Days - not Maydays

D:  This whole language thing is weird.  I wanted to talk about May Days, but it sounds a lot like "Mayday" - which is apparently an emergency distress signal originating from the French for "m'aider" (help me!).   Seriously, how do I know that an invisible space changes the word completely?!?!   Koo-koo-krazy, as my Mom says.  For now, I'm sticking to "dada" and using it for anything that I like, because these nuances are nuisances.  

 My parents have gotten soft already and while Kaitlyn was never allowed in the kitchen as a baby, I'm allowed to get on stools and touch the stove while it is working.   No joke, check me out.  I love watching how things work, I've very mechanical, and I love watching things cook in the kitchen.  I can't wait for Uncle Craig to teach me a thing or two.
 Such a big boy - surfer duds and surfer hair.  Gonna take after my Daddy and surf someday, I just know it.


 I'm digging this look.  Beachy baby boy.

I'm a bit of a dare-devil and I dig standing on stuff - climbing is my game.  The front yard Adirondacks are the best - just enough danger to drive Mommy nuts.
 One day in May I was allowed to ride in Kaitlyn's front-facing car seat - WOW!  There is SO much stuff to see.  I was mind-blown for the first 15 minutes of the car ride.  Mouth agape, pointing at stuff the whole time.  It was a blast.   But, it does play into the whole "ignorance is bliss" construct because returning to the rear-facing one was the worst. 
 I love dogs.  There is a dog at the park called "fifi" and I scream and almost cry when she comes to the park.  

 I also love our neighbor's dog "Susie", she comes over and loves to have her tummy rubbed.   She's super fast and sweet.  By the end of May I'm able to do sign language for "Dog", which entails panting with your tongue out - this sign language thing rocks if you ask me.   I can say "all done" very well, I sign "please" when I want something (this has proven to be the single most powerful word in my albeit limited vocabulary) and by the end of May I'll pick up "thank you".  Again, I see no reason why I should master verbal communication.
 In mid-May, we had my buddy Conner's Bday, it was great - Sister and I ran around the park and Conner even let me try to open one of his gifts - being a baby is pretty great. 
 And lastly, one of the highlights for me in May was the 5k we ran on May 19th.  It was right in our neighborhood and very fun.  It was my first race and I loved it.  And, miracle of miracles, Mommy recovered from Auntie Katy's Bday celebration the prior night and ran with us - quite the family affair!   Daddy gets extra props for pushing a double stroller the whole way and going slow enough to let Mommy keep up - he's a stud.   I know my sister has run in the Breast Cancer 5k with Mommy and I think she did a CDM race with Daddy, but this was my first experience with the thrill of competition.   It's intoxicating - the people, the balloons, the cheering, the wind in my hair.   
I'm a fan of sport.  


No comments:

Post a Comment