First off, costumes are involved. And FYI - it is June, not October for Halloween. Thankfully, one of my best friends Savannah is also subjected to this. She looks pretty awesome here with her Daddy - Mr Incredible and little Miss Incredible.
Daddy and I were Bumble Bees. And we pretty much rocked our costumes too.
This is odd but it's shaping up to be fun. It's a competition so I think the bee thing is fitting cause we are totally going to "Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee...." You'll see what I mean...
Best buds. Glad we're not in this alone!
Even Baby Gavin was dressed up - he and Uncle Ryan were sporting their kilts.
Dylan didn't get to dress up for some reason. I think he had fun watching the revelry and hanging with Mommy.
The whole crew of us before the race started. "Can you say, W-W-Wow"? (now that I'm learning phonetics I like to repeat the first letter a couple times to really get the letter down and I'll ask my Mom and Dad to do it with me)
And we're off! After chugging some Daddy Juice, Daddy, Uncle Jeff (aka: Mr Incredible), Sam (the whole family - 2 kids and 2 parents - came in lederhosen!) & Uncle Nate (aka: Indiana Jones) were the top four costumes so they got to go first.
Even their stroller is theme colored! Nice touch...
The first leg of the race was a run around Big Balboa Island. You had to be pushing a stroller with a kid in it and if you didn't have a kid (or didn't have one that was old enough like Mike here), then you either borrowed a kid (legally, I assume) or you pushed your pet. Mike and Buggsy are crusin'! One guy even ran with his fish - solid.
Uncle Ryan is racing by in his kilt. He looks special.
After the ~1.5 mile run with the stroller, they had to drink more Daddy Juice and run around a pole like 10-12 times I think, it was SUPER silly watching them stumble and fall down. He, he, he.
The next leg was the water leg. I got to ride on the paddle board while Daddy was my gondolier.
Smooth sailing so far.
But then the darn Sheriff's boat came by (probably concerned by my fierce bumble bee outfit that was being pursued by Indiana Jones) and kicked up some wavy waters ahead. I was DONE. I wanted off. Daddy paddled me to shore and lost his lead pretty significantly. Poor Daddy, thanks for taking care of me first. Love you.
Wow - Uncle Jeff even matches his kayak, nice touch...
Then there was a bike portion, I got on my helmet and we flew through the alleys of Balboa Island. A few more Daddy Juices to top off the race and we were done! I'm not even sure who won but it was quite an adventure!
After the race we got to play in the sand and the ocean and eat hot dogs - that felt like winning to me! You may have noticed that I said this was June 2nd. Yep - today was Mommy & Daddy's 11 Year Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Kind of a strange way to celebrate, but I guess after this long it isn't about the day but about the people you are blessed to celebrate with. Life is good.








No comments:
Post a Comment