Friday, December 23, 2011

First week of December

KK: The first week and weekend of December were awesome. First off, Uncle Matthew came to stay with us one night during the week to see the new house and hang with us (oh and do some work too, I guess...)  Let's just start off by saying that I love my Uncle Matthew - it was great to wake up and have him here and I hugged him goodbye for so long because I didn't want him to leave! 
Uncle Matthew has the most amazing veggie garden in SLO and he was an invaluable help to get our own garden started.  We worked hard all morning.
I tried to do whatever he did - we shoveled.
We scooped.
It was super fun playing in the dirt.
And when I couldn't participate (like when Uncle Matthew scaled our house to paint the pipes on our roof to make them look pretty), I offered moral support.  Here I am dancing for him and cheering him on.
The rest of the week was good.   I fit into my Minne Mouse outfit from the Macers and didn't want to take it off!  
I ended up wearing the Minnie ears to all of our errands the rest of the week! 

 That weekend SJ came to stay with us for an evening.  We went to the Mariner's Church Christmas Tree Lighting.  It was the first time I got to use my trundle bed and it was awesome.
 It was super fun, we got to sled down snow, decorate cookies and run around. 
 Double trouble!
 We went with our good friends the Connelly Family too - it was great to see them!
 We've been skyping with Grammy and Papa for books lately, very cool.  Gotta love growing up in the techno age. 
 It hardly feels like Christmas here yet - so nice and sunny.  Our new veggie garden is loving it though!  

D:   So, you've heard it before, but I LOVE standing.  Seriously, just cannot get enough of it. 


Sometimes I just stand in my crib and cry - I cry because I want to sleep SO badly but I must stand, because I can!!!
This weekend we went and picked out my very first Christmas tree! 
 I think we picked a good one!   More pictures on our Christmas to come!!
I'm starting to talk now and respond physically to stuff.  I wave hi/bye sometimes, shake my head "no", and dance when you say to dance (but only in Spanish, I'm very advanced you see....).   I even throw in a "ma ma" once in a while, but Mommy better not get her hopes up - I'm not yet referring to her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment