Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Giddy Up!

D:  Welcome to my 2nd Birthday Party, Pardner....Saddle up for a good time!
Mommy did a cute invite that said "Dylan is turning two!  
So saddle up your family, and join our posse for a Birthday BBQ!
Join us for a rip-roaring good time, Wild West Style.  Country attire encouraged.
Love, The Woods Gang"

 And the setup turned out amazing...I was one happy little cow-poke.

















Of course, a highlight for me was the entertainment - the Bounce House was a Cowboys dream - obstacles, a slide, things to ride like bucking bulls.  It was awesome!




 And our bubble table is always a hit.

But the real fun entertainment was courtesy of Uncle Drew.  You see, after Sis-Sis was born, Uncle Drew bought something for my Daddy (and another for Uncle Matt) called the "Daddle Saddle", it's a person saddle for Daddy's to give Pony Rides to their kids.   And well, as Mommy said, "payback is a b (word that she didn't finish)".  So Uncle Drew was a seriously good sport when he was forced into giving Pony Rides to me and all of our friends.   Giddy Up Drew!!!
 Cowgirl Kaitlyn!

 Woah there horsey!
 She says on through the bucking Bronco and wins the Rodeo!
 Way to go Sis-sis!
 Go Drew Go!

Why no more rodeo rides for me?
 
We did crafts, where we painted horses, which I was really into...




 And Sis-Sis and her friends liked the crafts too!

And the food was perfect for a little Cowboy - sliders, hot dogs, creamed corn, baked beans, peaches - nothing green for miles and miles, just like if we were riding on the range.

Two spurs up for the camp cooks!

But of course, the best part of all - sharing my special day with the people most special to me.  
 My best buddies - Gavin and Jack.
 My best men - Uncle Marv and Papa.
 Our best friends - Chad, Drewsy, Ryan, Jeff and Daddy.
 Uncle Drew and Mommy.

 Our favorite cowgirls - Nicole, Dana, Katy.  And not pictured here...Auntie Shell, Grammy, Auntie Leigh...

 The twinnies - Quinn and Elle - both walking now!
And an amazing surprise - Nana made it all the way from Colorado!!!  Giddy up!!!

I look pretty awesome as a Cowboy, don't you think?




 Handsome cowboy like my Daddy.
 Yee-haw!!

On Thursday I was "one" (holding up one finger).
 
 Today I am "two" (holding up two fingers).  I can't do two fingers on one hand yet (I can only hold up one or five) but I've learned to do two pointer fingers next to each other for "two". 

Cake time!
 Scoping out the frosting that I'll stick my finger into in a minute...
 Blowing out the candle...
 Calling for backup when all the candles don't go out.   Thanks Sis-sis for the help!

PJs and presents time!
 My awesome new hat from Aunt Leigh!!!  I can't tell you how much I love her hats....
 KK loves Auntie Leigh and Uncle Marv, and so do I!

 Sillies!
 Kisses for my Marvo.

 Kisses for my Auntie.
What an amazing Birthday party!

I'm one blessed cowboy.

Yee-haw!









No comments:

Post a Comment