Love heading out in the Duffy at night to see the houses and boats all aglow. Pictures don't do it justice!
This was Papa's first time seeing the parade and Christmas lights in the harbor - I think he liked it!
Grammy and I, on the other hand, are old pros at the boat parade.
We went for a walk to check the houses out up close while we waited for the parade to begin. Fun times!
Our captain for the evening....just kidding!
Cheers!
Wow - the boats were amazing this year and we had front row seats! What a great tradition!
We also started a new tradition this year - the Cookie Exchange Party with Mommy's girlfriends. I was a big help to get her dozens of cookies ready.
Just call me "Pastry Chef Kaitlyn" from now on...
And Dylan helped with oven monitoring. He's a pretty decent Sous Chef.
The anticipation is almost too much for us to handle!
We have so much to be thankful for and when we say our prayers before meals Dylan has finally learned to close his eyes. He closes them REALLY tight!
I like to say prayers out loud myself now. It usually goes something like this....when I'm in the mood for a long prayer I might say something like: "Dear God, thank you for this wonderful day. Thank you that we have plates, cups, milk, chicken, broccoli, napkins, placemats and forks. Amen." When I'm in the mood for a short one, I might say something like this: "Dear God, thank you for this wonderful day. Thank you for school today. Amen."
I also like reading out loud these days. I'm not reading the actual words yet (although I'm getting really good at words that are 3 letters long) but I tell the stories from the pictures to Dylan. Here we are having story time in his room.
Party time!
Sadly, I was napping when Mommy, Auntie Cole and Auntie Katy hosted the Cookie Exchange.
It was especially fun because now both Grandmas are here so Mommy had all of her best girlfriends together.
Here are "Kerstin and Kaitlyn's Jelly Belly Cookies"!


Nice spread of treats and snacks. And look at all those cookies!!!!!
I can hardly believe my eyes!!!!!
And that night, Grammy taught me how to roll Sarma for the Armenian feast we are having for Christmas Eve tomorrow night.
What a great lead-up to Christmas. Giddy up Papa and Dylan! Christmas is almost here!










No comments:
Post a Comment