Thursday, April 25, 2013

Welcome Cousin Owen!

KK and D:  On Friday, March 29th, at about noon, we got word that Lala (Auntie Allison) had gone into labor!  We frantically finished work, had lunch, packed up the car and started driving to San Francisco.  Unfortunately, it was the beginning of a long weekend for Easter and we hit LA traffic right away - yuck, stuck.   Mommy and Daddy did an amazing tag-team job of navigating us across literally every freeway in LA in order to get out of town as fast as possible (73 to 405 to 605 to 91 to 105 to 110 to 101.....you get the point, phew!)   

We stopped for a quick dinner and a chance to run around (we've already been in the car for almost 5 hours) at a Jack-in-the-box in the middle of nowhere and were informed at that point, now about 6:30pm, that her water broke and they were heading into the hospital.  We rejoiced because we were getting more and more certain that we'd make it there in time to see the baby right after he was born!     But....SURPRISE! less than an hour later (the fastest delivery ever!) Baby Owen August Woods made his appearance into this world.   Yeah!!!    No joke, he was almost born in Uncle Matthew's mini-van so it was a close one!  

We missed it by about two hours since it took us just over 8 hours to make it to San Francisco, so close, yet so far.   This means that we don't get to meet him tonight because it's our bedtime - boo hiss.....Nevertheless, it was still SO fun because only Grammy knew that we were coming so it was  a big surprise when we rolled up to Uncle Drewsy's house and saw Uncle Drew, Auntie Shell and Papa.   SURPRISE!!  And, Mommy and Daddy got to go to the hospital that night and meet Baby Owen - so fun!!!  


 KK:  The next morning we went on a walk for breakfast and then went to go surprise Logan and Milo.   Then, we all headed to a very cool park, Dolores Park, I think it was called?    Dylan is such a dare-devil, he was brave enough to go on this HUGE (maybe 2-3 story tall!), steep, metal slide.  He went over and over until one fateful time he was going too fast and flipped with his face onto the slide - boo boo bummer.   He was braver than all of us - way to go Bro!   Poor Logan though, he has a fever and so we all split up for naps and the afternoon.
 It was a gorgeous San Fran day.

 Dylan is so helpful, he wanted Auntie Shell to help him do clean-up all over the house.  He points where he wants the spray and then cleans it all up.   Nice job buddy!

 Since it's Easter weekend we did our egg dying here.   I rocked my eggs - multi-color beauties!

 Milo liked to throw his eggs into the dye with the unfortunate result of green dye face - oops!!
 Dylan, dunking with Uncle Drew while I push Milo Johnny in the swing.  Great times!
 That night we had a pizza and popsicle party at Uncle Matthew and Lala's house.  They are still at the hospital. 
 The next day was also a blast.   We had lunch at this awesome crepe place and sat outside waving to the Muni trains, busses and watched as a rain storm came in the sun.  It was the best afternoon.
 And that night, while we were all asleep upstairs, Baby Owen came home for the first time.  
 Sweet boy.
And when we got home, Daddy and Uncle Drew got everything ready for Easter Brunch.  Very manly - using knives by candlelight.
 I was a little nervous since this was an unplanned trip that the Easter Bunny wouldn't find us here.   Thankfully, he's very in-the-know and he found us in San Fran!!!

 Dylan picked up the concept quickly this year.
 And the hunt was on!
 Getting extra help from Uncle Drewsy for the tall ones.
 What's in the eggs???  Do I eat this foil part?  Or do I need help?
So many things to learn....

 My loot.
 KK:  After much searching, I found the Golden Egg!  And the Easter Bunny left me a dollar!!!! 

 What is this????
 Can I put it in my mouth??
 Oh my gosh....our first Cadbury egg.   Amazing.
 Oh boy, now all I want are chocolate eggs! 

 Then we did Bunny crafts.
And Mommy taught us (sort of) how to do our new Slinkies.  


 We had a killer dance party with Grammy & Papa while Drewsy and Shell cooked brunch.
 Just because I asked for them, Uncle Drewsy made me my favorite, his from-scratch biscuits.  Two thumbs up!!!!
 Then off to the SF Exploratorium.   We saw frogs, lizards, and more!
 Love my family!
 Then to the butterfly pavillion.
 D:  Daddy, can I touch the butterfly?
 D:  Oh my gosh, I touched it.
 D:  Oh no, I really did touch it.  What if my finger falls off now?  Are butterflies poisonous?  Oh no.
 D:  Daddy, you better kiss this, just in case!

 D:  Papa, I really don't want a smooch from this guy, he looks a little scary!
  I love the fishies though!


 The albino alligator - wild.


 Love our Drew and Shell!
 We got to see Baby Owen one last time before we left, it was my first time meeting him.  He's so small, literally smaller than my doll!
 Meeting him for the first time.
 Sweet kisses for the new member of our family.
 The first time I got to hold my new cousin.
 Love you cousin.
 I promise that we will be good big cousins to you little guy.
Sweet face.
Yeah!  I love baby dolls, can I bring him home????
   And off we go - back to SoCal.  
Just a few (8) more hours ahead of us, but worth every minute!!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment