Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Dylan!


D:  It's March 15th and my Second Birthday!  Happy Birthday to me!  Similar to my cousin Milo, I decided to try on the "Terrible Twos" for size, right at my Birthday.   Having to be physically restrained in timeout while I kicked and screamed might be a new low for my Mommy...but I think I set a record for time-in time-out during one consecutive stretch, and I'm pretty proud of the record setting status.  I have a big Cowboy Birthday Party coming up on Saturday, so I eased off the tantrums so as not to put the party at risk, I might be Two now, but I'm no novice.  I've seen my Sister get toys thrown away for acting up and I'm not gonna go there (not yet!).

 Leading up to that, I've been an angel all week.  I've been a big help shopping with Mommy for party supplies.
 I've been down-right in character, tipping my hat at strangers - "Howdy, Maam!" 
 
 Sis-sis has been a big help too.  And very open to being a Cowgirl too.
Ok, now I look just down-right silly...Hats and car seats are a hard combo to pull off gracefully.  No wonder they don't require car seats on horses when you're riding the range...
And I discovered the most amazing this this week - the cart ride-on.   This is excellent practice for being a Cowboy on a bucking Bronco.  Yee-haw - ride em' CostCo cart!!! 

 Birthday Breakfast - fun tradition.  I asked for "cheese", "egg" and "cake", which means cheesy eggs and pancakes.  Mommy and Daddy did a bang-up job.
 Meanwhile, Mommy and Sis-Sis had made green jello cut into Shamrocks for KK's St. Patrick's Celebration at school today.  I reaped the benefits of eating the edge pieces that were rejected - yeah baby!

Then it was time for the official measurement on the board that Daddy painstakingly made for us.   The Doctor also measured me this week and found that I am: Weight: 25.8 lbs (20th percentile), Height: 35 inches (60%), Head Circumference: 49cm (75%).   Long and lean like my Sis.

 Grammy, Papa, Uncle Drew and Auntie Shell came down for the weekend as we have many celebrations going on back-to-back that you'll hear about.

 It was awesome having all these extra helpers for my party!  Papa did the sliders.
 Auntie Shell and Grammy were on flowers.
 Uncle Drew helped clean up.
 Daddy got everything, even GiGi's fountain, in tip-top shape.
 We totally scored big because Daddy's work partner had a Western party and lent us their entire collection of awesome party decorations!   Here we are testing out the jail. 
 We're innocent!
 Mommy told us that this better be the only time she gets to see us behind bars...



 We must be in BIG trouble now...worse that time-out even!
 KK and Ja-Ja are in trouble now.
Uh oh - Jasmin and Mommy are Wanted too!

 Next stop - party time!












No comments:

Post a Comment